Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

temp gauges at a 955l

johnmelissas ยท 2015-09-18 14:49

Hi friends I have a 955l.what temps I must see when I work 5-6 hours with hard work doing? The temp in my country is 36 Celsius.Today the temp of the engine was at the middle of the gauge is this right?also the conv temp go a little higher.Thank you for your help.

Replies7
  1. #1workshoprat922015-09-18 20:43

    I just hate gauges that have no numbers to know what they are actually showing for temp or pressure. I don't think mine usually gets that high. it gets maybe a quarter inch out of the cold range and into the green. If it gets higher than this its usually time to clean out the radiator fins with pressure washer. Low pressure nozzle and be real careful about folding over the fins as that's a sure way to lose cooling capacity. Also if you think its to high make sure you have no exhaust leaks into engine compartment. think about it. it is taking this hot exhaust and pumping it through the radiator. make sure that heat is getting pumped out the stack where it belongs. not sure on the converter but i will try and watch it better next time i run it.

  2. #2johnmelissas2015-09-19 05:39

    From where it can leak gas to the coolant?Thank you

  3. #3Nige2015-09-19 07:37

    He's not saying the gas leaks into the coolant, what he means is that if you have any exhaust gas leaks inside the engine compartment the hot gas is drawn through the outside of the radiator by the fan rather than them going up the exhaust pipe which is where they should be going. This obviously affects the efficiency of the radiator.

  4. #4kshansen2015-09-19 07:39

    If when you say it is in the middle of the gauge you mean it is still well within the green part I would not be too worried.

  5. #5johnmelissas2015-09-19 08:20

    It is at the blue part.ok I don't worry too much but I want to know.I have only 5 months my cat.I know that all the machines cars ,tractor etc. the operating temp is at the middle of the gauge.Thank you all.

  6. #6workshoprat922015-10-08 18:41

    I know its been a while but here is where my gauges usually ride as far as temp. if it gets higer than this i start looking at radiator fins being plugged. not hard to do if you do demolition as it picks up tons of dust and insulation bits.

  7. #7johnmelissas2015-10-10 05:43

    Thank you very much