Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Temp sensor trouble shooting on Takeuchi TB175?

edrrt ยท 2019-10-26 09:12

My TB175 is no longer showing a temperature reading. I'm having trouble determining which sensor is the temp sensor for the console. I see three potential sensors on the engine but am having difficulty determining which is which from both the Tak and yanmar manuals. There is one sensor in the middle of the block and two at the top of the engine. There is a 4th in the radiator return hose but I think this just senses level and is for the low engine coolant cutoff relay. I have always had intermittent troubles on this machine with the oil/temp relay indicating a fault for several minutes then clearing. I replaced the coolant level sensor in the radiator return hose and the entire relay. No change. I'm wondering if there is another sensor somewhere and now that the console just stopped registering engine temp I'm wondering if it's related. Service manual is of zero help on this specific problem. Hearing from those who maintain Tak's the sensor issues seem to be common. If anyone has advice on this I'd appreciate the help. Thanks everyone.

Replies1
  1. #1uffex2019-10-26 12:15

    Good day edrrt I have little info on your particular machine however let us try to assist you, as I am understanding your post you have a number of sensors attached to the engine cooling system but you are unsure what does what, the display no longer gives indication of the engine temperature and from that you need to establish which of those sensors give that particular signal, if I misunderstand please blame the whisky. I guess the solution would be if we disconnect those cable going to the sensor and give a false signal we would see on the display we had located the correct part providing the issue is with the sensor and not the display. I attach some general information regarding sensors for your observations, if you could post the wiring diagram I will try to help out some more. Kind regards Uffex