Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Temperature gauge not working on TL240

NWH ยท 2021-04-26 15:17

I am having a problem with my TL240 Takeuchi. The temp. gauge quit working It shows completely cold. Asking if this is a common problem and for pointers which way to proceed in troubleshooting this.

Replies3
  1. #1Coaldust2021-04-26 17:39

    Locate the temp sender on the engine. Make sure the wire is still connected. Then, with key on, engine off, take the temp sender wire and ground it. The gauge should go full hot. Try that and report back.

  2. #2NWH2021-04-26 20:49

    I checked the unit that has 2 wires and found it had no resistance between the 2 prongs on it. I assume it is bad ?

  3. #3Coaldust2021-04-26 21:06

    Ok. Maybe. Try jumping the harness connector, turn on the ignition and see if the gauge sweeps to hot. That will prove if the sensor is faulty.