I need to change the shocks (horz. spring over stabilizers) on a drop axle. I made a tool for installation and removal but I'm getting lazy. I wonder if I could get away with just cutting the coils with a torch?
Well, I guess there's only one way to find out.
I have no idea, never worked on those things. My question, what "spirits" are you drinking to come up with this idea?
I can't see why not, as long as you can do it without the torch messing up anything around it. And Rob, since it's you, I'll say: don't torch the new ones.
Ouch.
Cutting the springs was no big deal, they just collapsed on themselves. Here's my redneck tool: Here's one spring installed: And here's to Mitch...
Nice tool you made there Rob.
I don't miss those stabilizers on the self steering pup trailer axles. Guys were forever bending them up (and the tie rod too if they tried hard enough) by backing into soft fill sites or piles.
That is a nice tool, Rob, but, you shouldn't have corrupted Mr. Rogers.
ointlaugh .... :lmao OCR