Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

terex 3066c shift problems

amick38 ยท 2010-08-24 15:40

Working on my 3066c, only moves in 1st forward and 1st reverse. Tried replacing sensors, ordered books (not much help), solenoids test good. It starts with "N3" on the visual display, which I think is maybe a code, no info in the service manual. In 1st forward it displays "F1" then when I shift up the "1" will flash. I would sure appreciate anyone's ideas.

Replies4
  1. #1Cat Wrench2010-08-26 12:06

    Call Centranz. They will help you with the codes and any parts you might need. They are one the best ZF rebuilders that I am aware of. They where very helpful on the last one I repaired. http://www.centranz.com/ 1-800-457-5400

  2. #2Cat Wrench2010-08-26 13:08

    Oh, I forgot to say sounds like first gear clutch is bad (locked together) which is why it will move in forward and reverse in first gear only. When you try to go to another gear the transmission is binding on the locked clutch.

  3. #3amick382010-08-26 16:49

    victory at last Finally found my problem. sensor wires were bare behind the plug for the turbine speed sensor and were shorting across each other. Sounds simple, but its not possible to see and feel at same time. Really hard to get too. thanks for the reply.

  4. #4Cat Wrench2010-08-26 20:09

    Good. Thats a whole lot cheaper than what I thought it might be.:usa