Steering pump has a slight leak, looks like its leaking between the sections next to where the top hydraulic hose bolt on. I thought it was the O-ring under the hose fitting, but i replaced it and it still leaks. Its hard to see it leaking and it doesnt spray out it comes out when running and isnt really enough to do any harm, but I hydraulic leak drive me crazy. I know there is an o-ring seal between the sections, i just cant imagine how one could go bad, its a non-moving part and all of the bolts holding the pump in place are tight. It steers fine so I dont think there is an internal problem. I still havent ruled out the hydraulic hose/o-ring fitiing. Its one of those round 90 degree fittings that has a collar and four bolts, if its not seated properly it can leak but i've tightend it a few times. Any one had one of these pumps leak like this? I need to get in there with a mirror and start it up to see where fluid first appears, but right now its raining, i live in Osceola county. flrorida and were under a non stop rain from fay or i would also take and post pictures. any help would be appreciated, thanks
It this still a piece of military equipment? If so, I might be able to find you some help. Hal
it was owned by USMC but i bought it at auction