i am in need of a 72-51aa operators manual. i just received a parts book and have a shop manual on the way from ebay. cant seem to locate an operators manual anywhere. also how do you set the fluid level in the steering reservoir behind the cab? i dont find a plug or dipstick for it anywhere. thanks, nat
Are you in Groveland Florida or California? I think steering reservoir is the same as my 72-41, I just eyeball it. There’s no line or anything. This is a view of my tank with the sheet metal over the engine removed, I keep the fluid at least part way into the angled filler tube on the left and it’s fine.
Thanks for your reply. Thats about what i have done for mine. Took about 4 gallons to fill it. Now i need to figue out what gauges im supposed to have so i can put together a new dash
Yours looks like the earlier type, mine is the later type. I’ve seen videos with your type on YouTube.
Im in Groveland NY. Mine was advertised as a 1974. Printed a sales flyer i found on the internet and found this paragraph about what the standard instruments are. Going to just wait for the service manual so i have a better idea of gauge pressure ranges. It looks like the transmission clutch gauge was connected to some air line which doesnt seem right.
The parts book doesn’t show it?
On mine the transmission declutching valve has an air line going to a little cylinder on the transmission, that’s correct as per my parts book. I don’t remember a gauge in the circuit.
on this the line from the gauge goes straight to a part that looks like the "pressure protection valve" per the parts book, on the end of the compressor. no valves or switches or anything else in the line. comparing to the parts book this has three gauges hooked to air supplies instead of two as shown. I'm just going to wait till i get my service manual. it should be here in a couple days
The test port on back of valve body where i think the clutch pressure gauge is supposed to be is connected with a hose to a port on the filter housing where i think you would check lubrication pressure. I am guessing thats just bypassing fluid.
This is the only gauge picture I have. I can take more next time I go up.
Sooo... after changing the water pump that had jb weld covering the hole where antifreeze is supposed to drain when the seal goes bad (i am guesiing to hide the fact that the pump was bad) instead of it going into the crankcase through the blower drive, and flushing the engine oil that was full of antifreeze i have been able to run this machine a little. The hose from the air reservor that is supposed to go to the air protection valve was connected to the steering valve. The hose from the transmission filter that is supposed to go to the steering valve was connected to the transmission shift valve. The hose that is supposed to go to the shift valve (for gauge in cab) was connected to the air protection valve. Good news is i have transmission pressure and caught the water pump issue before blowing up the motor!
Wow! Don’t want who ever did all those screwy things near anything mechanical!
I would guess someone had the transmission out and didnt label the connections.
I bet your correct!
I forgot to get gauge pictures last time, it’s on my list for next time.
Here you go. One didn’t load, file too big.
Thanks. I have been building a new panel for mine. I hope to insall it today. Time is running short this afternoon! I ordered a owners manual from ebay thats coming from australia. It seems to be in limbo somwhere due to coronavirus.
Are you sure it’s for the right year range? My first parts manual was off eBay, and for an earlier model. Some things were not correct, and I ended up ordering a new master parts manual from sycamore.
I believe it's the same vintage. May not be the exact year. I was supposed to receive it April 6th. It's still not here. I'm going to the post office today the see if they can track it somehow
Finally got the gauges installed
Looks good. Seem to be missing some though, mine has seven. 1. Engine pressure. 2. Engine temperature. 3. Fuel. 4. Amps. 5. Transmission pressure. 6. Transmission temperature. 7. Air pressure. Which ones are you missing? I have the rubber seal you’re gonna need to replace that broken windshield. It wasn’t available by the foot, I bought a whole roll. It’s because the cab is 1/4 inch thick, not thin sheet metal like a car. I’ll sell you what you need.
I have engine temp and pressure, transmission temp and pressure and voltage instead of amps. Dipping the tank is my fuel gauge. I have a air gauge tucked up behind to check if i have trouble. Havent even looked into window replacement yet because i have to move a bunch of dirt on the farm here and i going to put it to work right away
So you got it covered. Mine has 8 if you count the hour meter. I wish it had a tach.
Yes a tach would be realy nice especialy for setting the governor
Hello every one, I just bought loader 1975 Terex 72-51, the machine is in pretty rough shape. do any one know where to find Manual Service Book & Parts Book??? Old machine need parts, any IDEA where can I find it? New Used any parts. Please let m
Sycamore can print and ship you the manuals, or you could opt for the computer version. 1(812) 477-2266 One place that helps me with parts is Hulco 1(816) 690-4577 In the past a Terex dealer sold me parts, but they said they couldn’t anymore. I haven’t found another. You might find the manuals on eBay, there are a lot. Just be careful that it’s the correct year.
Thank you very much for info, Im sure I gonna need more help from you guys, just order manual and parts book, Bucket Levers works very hard, what do you guys thing? Is the linkage or valve, Any one had same problem? Maybe is normal for this machine, Noo, the levers works very very hard, I have to force it, Please let me know Thanx
I haven’t had anything like that, both levers are the same way? They have a linkage to the control valve, could possibly be that. I’d start by making sure the linkages move freely, before working on the valve. We resealed my valve a few years ago, it’s in my loader thread. My valve was leaking, no other problems.
Any idea where to buy all the seals for the valve, the wiper is weird, my local supplier never see this type of wipers, Can i get all set for this valve, do u know the part # Pls let me know Thanx
It all had to come from Terex, sizes are unique too as far as I could tell.