We have a West Coast Falcon yarder that is mounted on an 82-20 Carrier. We are looking for the location of the divertor valve on the Allison transmission. I cannot find any manuals or any schematics on this transmission anywhere. We are having issues with the divertor valve not fully closing and it is still trying to provide hydraulic pressure to our travel circuit when in yarding mode.
I’m not sure about a diverter valve, the control valve is mounted on the right side of the transmission (facing the front of the machine). I’m not a mechanic, but I skimmed through my parts & service manuals and didn’t see anything referencing a diverter valve. Chuck Gaul at C&C Repairs in Plain City, Ohio has a lot of knowledge on these machines, he could point you in the right direction.
Thank you!
Travel circuit? Are we talking hydraulics or transmission? I know very little about carrier setups, but I'm curious.
On the transmission there is a control valve that you apply pilot pressure to and it powers the hydraulics of the machine. Pretty much a PTO.
Okay. If the pressure is switched between two circuits then the diverter valve may be integral or may be located away from the transmission/pump. Sometimes engineers like to change things just to keep us confused. How many hydraulic pumps running off PTO's?
This is where it gets interesting because it has a divorced mount 3 speed Allison transmission behind the 6V71. Now when it is in yarding mode you can use all 3 gears of the transmission forward and reverse. Same with travel mode, you can use all 3 forward and reverse gears. It is going to take some investigation but I think we can get it figured out tomorrow.