Facebook www.facebook.com Wondering what the forums thoughts are about this dozer. Looks pretty good in the pictures.
It looks to be in decent shape and well looked after. Tracks are a little tight but undercarriage looks to be less than 40% left. Being a Terex with 8800 or so hours I think $20K is too high. I'd say $15K at the most if everything works good. $12K would be a good deal. I'd see if new undercarriage/spockets are available and how much. If everything checks out good might be worth putting on new undercarriage in another 1200 or so hours. A Cat D6D in similar shape with under 10K hours might bring $35K or more. It could be good machine to do a few jobs on a farm but reselling it to get most of your money back could be difficult. For an occassional use machine you plan to keep till it dies could be OK if the price came down a bunch.
Left side track adjust cylinder is shot. Bottom roller flanges are almost riding on the track pin bosses on the right side. They don't show you the left side for some reason? They are orphan machines now days so part may be hard if not impossible to obtain.
20k it must have a full tank of diesel wait til it's on empty to make offer.
That machine is not far from me. He mostly deals in skid loaders and smaller excavators. Lately I have noticed he has had some larger machines advertised. If you google BC Murphy Enterprises you can get to his website.
It's a neat GM relic as said u/c parts odd & end will be chasing junkyards for parts
The track adjusters tend to fail on the grease side (grease to slack)…this allows the nitrogen side to cause excessive track tension. I made up a nitrogen setup in order to recharge the cylinder. The nitrogen side has never failed… We managed to locate a ‘new old stock’ tensioner & front idler from C&C in Ohio. The excessive track tension destroyed the idler bearings when I had no choice but to walk the machine 10km to camp. The Allison powershift in our (1964) remains strong. It is a nice machine to operate; nicely balanced with a ripper.
It looks like a good machine that has been taken care of. I also noticed that someone has modified the roller frame to accept a different style of bottom roller. It was probably changed over to Cat bottom rollers because Terex rollers are hard to find. C&C in Plain City, Ohio did have new sprockets available a while back. D8 rails will work so if has been converted to Cat bottom rollers the undercarriage parts shouldn’t be to hard to find. I would not be afraid of it for some smaller projects or farm work. The $20k is probably on the high side considering the undercarriage condition. I’d like to have it if it was a little closer to NC.
I did see that C&C had sprockets available for a while. I had a source locally here for (2) $1500. May have to see if still available…one sprocket on our machine is very sharp out to tips…has not shown a tendency to skip at all; but is well past end of life…
We paid $8500 for our C-6 back in 2013. Had it hauled up to BC from Bonners ferry Idaho. Ateco ripper and full U-blade (Garwood).
Looks like it was in good condition as well. I’d say you got a good deal on it especially if you are still getting use out of it 13 years later.
Yes it has served us well, Allison shifts good and is a strong pusher. The U blade serves us well for stripping overburden or pushing up pay in a slot. Blade tilt works well. The 6-71 is somewhat ‘tired’ ! But I have started up twice per year, sat at 6000’ elevation. Block heater and tiny amount of ether… fuel tank contains around 15% used engine oil (lol!) Has been sitting on our old mining claim for several years. Have staged it (10km walk last May). —To lowbed staging…will move up to new claim once road bans are off. We have 3-8’ of silt here which needs stripping. A slow go with our 210 excavator…
Maybe the belly pans are full of gold?