Does anyone have suggestions to were a good parts source for Terex 82-40 transmission parts might be? I need gaskets and Teflon piston seals for a start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I beleave they all used allison transmissions. Engine and tranny parts are still easy to find sence those components wer made by other manufacturers that are still in bussines. Its things like undercariage stuff thats a pain or anything else that was made exclusively by terex
Try RECO equipment in Ohio. Lots of Terex stuff on the shelf.866-732-6902
Try Mid West Industrial Sales 1815 423 5961
Thanks for the replies, I will give these outfits a call. The further I dig into this transmission the longer the list of parts needed gets. Most of the damage is in the forward/reverse section of the transmission. Looks like the typical damage caused by not using the decelerator when shifting from forward to reverse.
I fully agree that its not good for them to shift without using the decelerator, but they wer built to be shifted at full throttle at any speed and any direction. The problem is that they shifted slow, so some guys would drill out the orofeces (bad spelling) so they would shift faster but would still shift them at full power/speed, there by taking out the tranny.:drinkup