Terex 8250, Squamish B.C . Came from a limestone quarry on the Sunshine Coast , replaced one just like that was buried in mudslide near Pemberton.
I have pulled a couple of those 12V71's out of those in my life. What a pain in the ass that was.
Wow, you don't see those anymore. The last 8250 I saw was back in about 1999, at one of our quarries in central Texas. I was doing an MSHA, mine safety check, and it obviously had noise problems, along with dust problems in the cab. I told them to park it and then replace it, as repairs were not going to fix the problems. I think it got parked shortly after that inspection. Those were big old machines.
Yes, they were a pain, on a 8240 you had to take off the left exhaust manifold to get at the starter , open cab,s were guide drafty as the rad was behind you,
I like it !
I thought they were ahead of the time with the rear radiator mount .
Worked on a few 82-40's, they had good points and bad. Planetaries beat Cat finals for ease of repair, I hated that goofy steering clutch setup with the 2 master cylinders, Pulling the trans and convertor wasn't too bad either. But you had to pull the whole thing to get to the steering clutches and brakes. Got to play with an 82-50 once, noisy but seemed a bunch faster than a D9G.
A whole lot less sandblasting.
About like a P-51 Mustang with the radiator behind the pilot . https://www.plane-encyclopedia.com/ww2/p-51-mustang/