Rumor mill hard at work. From The Financial Times: "Following initial indications of interest last week, it was thought that Terex is a leading suitor for Ingersoll Rand’s Bobcat division, according to three sources familiar with the auction. One source and a business development banker, while saying they too have heard of Terex’s involvement, said the company was facing competition for the Bobcat unit and was unlikely to overpay for the asset. "Terex said it would not comment on market speculation or rumor." The rest of the story - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/655fa722-14...uid=e8477cc4-c820-11db-b0dc-000b5df10621.html Happy weekend! L
I was just wondering myself if Terex would be interested in Bobcat. Another one I think would want Bobcat is AGCO. They have been buying up farm equipment manufactures for years. I think it would be a good way for them to ge there foot in the door on the construction side.
Terex buying Bobcat? There goes Bobcat's quality- that has already eroded when IR bought them. ointhead Life is too short to buy anything Terex. The joke is you can't get a parts manual for a Terex machine because the parts change daily on the manufacturing line.
terex is that crappy of equipment? i hope somebody buys them out and changes the engine bay to be more like deeresish. i dont like bobcats, its a pain to tear into maybe a new company will broaden their horizons in the industrial sector
I recently looked at the terex mini excavators, and I thought they looked like a good machine, also I believe the largest bobcat excavator is made by terex.
Yeah, I just looked seriously at buying a Terex backhoe. They give you a lot of machine for the dollar. They machines themselves will dig deeper and lift more than the brand names and come loaded with features. Not as good fit & finish, but it's a backhoe, not a Benz.