Had an issue today in which as I turn the throttle knob to throttle up the engine the rpm starts to go up a little bit and then returns to idle and it throws a error code 558-2. Code description is Accelerator Pedal 1 Low Idle Switch: Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect Since the PT-110 does not have an Accelerator Pedal but an Accelerator knob I would presume it means one and the same. Of course it happens late on Friday before a holiday weekend and right at closing time so when I called the dealer service department everyone was gone. Anyone have any experience or ideas where I can start looking before I can talked to the service department after the weekend is over.
If it's an old school potentiometer, you can remove it, pin the back of it with a multimeter while it's unplugged, and watch the sweep. should be nice and smooth
Yes but it is the low idle switch that has the fault which I believe is a relay that gets an input from the throttle not the throttle itself. Still worth giving it a try just to rule it out. I did find a reference to re-calibrating the low idle switch procedure but am not sure if that might not cause additional issues without knowing any more than I do about the fault.
I have a 2015 pt110, showing a code of 97-15. Any idea on that?? Thanks in advance