I'm looking to buy a used backhoe. The Terex's look to be a good deal less $$$ than the rest of the lot(JD, Case, Cat, JCB, etc.) And I have a dealer of these near me. Is there any reason to stay clear of these? Thanks for the help. :beatsme
Did I ask something wrong? No one knows anything good,bad or indifferent about Terex?
must tell you something then, STAY AWAY my 2 cents
You didn't ask nothing wrong but I think most of the members are that rest of the lot people. Shoot if you have a dealer close to you and can save some money I say buy one. I've been watching them sell and have considered buying one myself but as a reseller am just afraid of the resale value or lack of. I'm sure one of these days I'll just buy one to check them out though. Give more specifics and maybe somebody will let you know if it's a good deal or not. Specifics I mean just model, options, and cost... not where who or what. Darin
Do tell.. What are the problems with these machines?
I went through the backhoe-buying process last year. I looked at a couple of very low-hour (less than 300 hrs) Terex 760b machines. I demo'ed one of them and it was a nice machine, so I checked with a couple of my friends that I knew had experience with them. One friend owns a septic company and he runs one with over 5000 hours and it has been mostly trouble-free. He said that he would buy another one except that the local dealer had quit handling Terex, so the closest dealer now is about 2 hours away. Another friend is a heavy equipment mechanic, and he worked on several of the local Terex machines after this dealer quit Terex. He worked on machines with many hydraulic and transmission problems and would not recommend one for me. I found a great deal on a Case 580 SM III and love it.