Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex Boom Lift has only full speed ground motion in one direction.

oldryder ยท 2013-09-23 14:23

1980's vintage Terex 62C boom lift. simple (relatively) relay logic with small controller board at the joysticks. Ground travel motion in "Forward" only is full speed. Other direction (Reverse) is nicely proportional based on joystick movement. Same joystick for both directions. If there is a likely cause or this is a common problem I'd love to get specifics. Need advice on troubleshooting/repair. I will be checking the pot and the small circuit board outputs later today. Fortunately I can compare output on the correctly functioning side to the problem side. If there is a way to force the hydraulics to a slow speed only in "Forward" that would be an acceptable fix as I don't have to move the unit much and there is lots of space for turning. thx in advance for any help or suggestions. Note I am faily good at reading the prints and understanding the controls. Not so much on the hydraulics.

Replies0

No replies yet.