Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex loader backhoe

Toonman · 2018-06-10 22:04

I’m looking at buying a 2005 Terex 760B. I am having trouble finding where to get parts. I don’t want to buy a machine that is difficult to get parts for. It also seems that Terex doesn’t build loader backhoes anymore.

Replies18
  1. #1GaryHoff2018-06-10 22:28

    Terex wouldn't be my first choice in loader backhoes, but I guess if the price is right......... You would likely have to do a fair bit of outsourcing to find the parts you need. The front and rear axle were Carraro, which is the same brand Case uses. Engine should be a Perkins. Looks like Mecalac is supporting the loader backhoes now. Probably not the greatest support. https://www.terex.com/en/construction/index.htm

  2. #2Toonman2018-06-11 07:17

    Thanks! That’s what I was finding online. Too bad for Terex owners. They look like nice machines.

  3. #3apetad2018-07-05 19:47

    Manitou bought the company, machine production and parts should be soon , if not already available from your Manitou Dealer.

  4. #4RZucker2018-07-05 20:06

    Not if you are used to a Deere or Case. I rented one from United in 2003 (all they had at the time) salesman really pushed it on me, four hours later I told him to come and get it. My complaint was lack of switchable backhoe controls... I'm an excavator guy and this got dangerous in close in work. The loader wasn't much better than most farm tractors. Looks like they are still built by Fendt Tractor in Germany.

  5. #5Welder Dave2018-07-05 20:16

    That's not a very good promotional video. Showing the loader going up and down or the backhoe extending. It's supposed to do that. No video of it actually working just still pictures with dirt in the bucket.

  6. #6ih1002018-07-06 00:56

    Wrong. Mecalac bought them last year and are continuing production. They bought Terex UK specifically for the backhoe range. Engine is a Perkins.

  7. #7ih1002018-07-06 09:42

    double post

  8. #8John C.2018-07-06 12:23

    Before they were Terex they were marketed in the states as Fermec. I have seen the front axles snap off on either wheel. I have installed new batteries in them and had to fight with sheet metal removal and installation that make no sense at all. There is a mess of wiring in the way of the batteries and then had the new batteries go dead over night from some unseen and unfound short I didn't have days to try to find. I seem to remember a park brake linkage that broke up as well. When the machines run they seem to do as well as any other. Keeping them running is the real issue and no one in the states carries any parts. Everything was a week or more away and cost twice what a similar part for a Deere, Cat or Case cost. These are issues I have personally seen. Don't ask how I feel about them.

  9. #9AzIron2018-07-06 12:31

    My cousin bought 2 of them when they came out as soon as the warranty was up they hit the auction they gave him nothing but hell

  10. #10ih1002018-07-06 13:15

    Different markets, different experiences. Over here the old Case Construction King/580 had a pretty bad rep, but you guys over the water loved them, probably still do. Same with the first Cat 410's just didn't move. Not until the B series, which I rate highly, did Cat move any numbers, but even now they've never broken JCB's dominance, despite being a much stronger machine. Everything you say about the Fermecs you can say about any of them, I haven't worked on one backhoe that wasn't a pain for access somewhere, especially for wiring, and every manufacturer throws out lemons on a Friday afternoon. Cat hydraulics that creep Straight from the factory, premature king post bush failure, JCB's with the chrome lifting off the rams after a few months. Big different is dealer support. Do I like the Terex as an operator, yes, would I buy one, no, not with the hike to the nearest dealer.

  11. #11AzIron2018-07-06 19:45

    You can deffinatly say the cat 416b set the world on fire in this area when it came out before that model the local dealer had like 8 percent market share at the end of the b series they had over 60 percent. That machine had a lot of hose problems in the early years but they were sure built stout Everything has its flaws you can't mask produce a perfect machine the terex had a lot of draw backs especially in dealer support and parts

  12. #12ih1002018-07-07 06:40

    The early Cats had the straight boom like the Case's at the time, and it wasn't popular here as the JCB and FErmec machines were much easier to grade with. However, right from the off the front buckets were in front of our machines. When the Cats started to be marketed here, there were a lot of International 100 and 125 Drotts about, and in a lot of conditions the 410/416 (can't remember the model to be honest) would almost match performance on the front bucket.

  13. #13apetad2018-07-18 18:31

    See below for the announcement of Manitou purchasing Terex backhoe plant https://www.equipmentworld.com/manitou-buys-terexs-india-based-backhoe-skid-steer-business/

  14. #14apetad2018-07-18 18:32

    https://www.equipmentworld.com/manitou-buys-terexs-india-based-backhoe-skid-steer-business/ https://www.equipmentworld.com/manitou-buys-terexs-india-based-backhoe-skid-steer-business/

  15. #15John C.2018-07-18 22:20

    The lead sentence indicates they only bought the India based business. Manitou has agreed to buy Terex’s India-based compact equipment business in a move that will expand the French manufacturer’s reach. Doesn't specifically say they bought the entire line and all the business.

  16. #16ih1002018-07-19 00:55

    Terex UK manufactured more backhoes than the Indian plant, and the Indian models are completely different to the ones you see in Europe and the US. The skid steers are also unique to the Indian factory. I didn't realise the Delhi plant had been sold off separately, so apologies for that. As I wrote, Mecalac bought Terex UK. I've been into both the UK and Delhi factories.

  17. #17apetad2018-08-03 13:49

    The neverending world of acquisitions!!! Always changing.

  18. #18ih1002018-08-04 02:34

    The last time I went there, pre-Mecalac, some of the backhoes were still going out the door branded as Fermec, years after I thought the Fermec brand was gone.