Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex pt60 dies and wont start once warm

joe champlin ยท 2022-10-18 17:25

I have a 2009 Terex pt60 that seems to run fine and starts up fine when it's been cold. but once I ran the machine for a couple hours the hydraulics and electrical start clicking then the machine dies. when I go to start again the gauges generally won't work and the machine just cranks over. every once in a while, the gauges do work, and the machine starts but after a couple seconds the machine dies. I let it cool down for a couple hours and it runs fine for 25min then goes back to failing. the temperature maintains around 180F. I replaced the main power A and B relays. no affect. anyone have a suggestion?

Replies1
  1. #1Simon C2022-10-22 15:39

    Check all the ground connections, Alternator output with clamp on , Voltage drop test all the battery cables and alternator cable along with cable to fuse panel with a quality Digital Multimeter. Check if power is dropping out to Fuel Solenoid. Lots of other tests could be done also, but this is a good start. Simon C