Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TA27 Gen 7 Problems..

xcavator120 ยท 2010-07-03 22:43

I've been running a Terex TA27 Generation 7. In just the last 2 weeks I've had an oil line and a hydraulic line go. The oil line burst due to rubbing against a battery line. Apparently the insulation wore off the battery line, it then arched blowing a hole in the oil line. I noticed this almost immediately, as I was hauling on dirt, and suddenly noticed a wet trail. The mechanic stated it was lucky that it didn't catch fire. The hydraulic line, I'm not sure about, but shortly before, I rocked the bed, trying to get stuck material out. Afterwards I read in the manual that "jump-dumping" should not be done. I've done this with several dumps, and never had a hydraulic line go because of it. I do know that it is not good to shock-load hydraulics though. Our trackhoe operator gets mad when we don't shake the bed, because he then has to scratch them out. Is the Terex known for constantly breaking down? Is it common place to jump-dump or shake dump beds?

Replies1
  1. #1CAT D8 N2010-07-05 15:22

    Well I have no exp. with any dumpers but have been investigating them lately and heard that the Terex 25 is much better than the 40, also they are all together troublesome. About the shaking, personally I hate seeing my guys shake the blades or buckets. I just feel that it strains the seals on the rams and pumps.. just a feeling..