Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TA30 drive coupling failure

heymccall ยท 2025-10-09 13:20

Having never played with articulated trucks, if the engine spins and the shaft to the converter doesn't spin, I can only assume the coupler has failed. Can it be changed w/o taking the engine or transmission out. How long should it take?

Replies12
  1. #1O.Aburumman2025-10-09 15:04

    yes you can change element flexible just

  2. #2O.Aburumman2025-10-09 15:05

    If you could give me the serial no. of the truck, I will give you full details.

  3. #3heymccall2025-10-09 15:16

    A8971132 Do I buy the 15317868, or can just the insert be purchased.? We've got 5 TA30 and 1 TA300. I'm slowly learning the trucks. Thanks in advance.

  4. #4O.Aburumman2025-10-09 15:19

    You can only change the rubber ring, and this part number is not available in Terex for newer models.

  5. #5O.Aburumman2025-10-09 15:21

    This is complete but you can only change the inner rubber ring.

  6. #6O.Aburumman2025-10-09 15:27

    I am selling the rubber ring alone and it has a two-year warranty because I have been working in the Terex truck field for ten years and I have a good stock of parts and good experience in truck maintenance. If you need any questions about Terex truck maintenance, I am ready to provide service [email protected]

  7. #7Vetech632025-10-09 15:39

    Those are fun to change. I remember straddling the front axle under the right fender breaking the bolts off the flywheel. I racked myself several times but got it done in less than a day.

  8. #8tool_king2025-10-17 23:17

    I had to do one in the woods on a truck . It was not bad . Cab tilted .Use crane on service truck to lift coupler on to fender/ step then rigged up come along under cab to pull and lower it into place .

  9. #9Universal Parts2025-10-19 05:52

    Terex trucks are not very popular in China. No one has ever asked about this coupling. It is a German original. Part number: 15268882.

  10. #10heymccall2025-10-22 15:14

    Got all the way in. Coupling is stuck to flywheel. Any tips?

  11. #11Vetech632025-10-22 15:43

    Stuck? I did one that had chunks of rubber stuck inside the flywheel housing

  12. #12crane operator2025-10-22 19:34