To anyone who may be able to shed a little light before I get to site. Maybe next week... I have a TA40 truck that is loosing hydraulic oil into the brake reservoir... To the point it fills, and overflows. Any pointers? Never laid a tool on a Terex truck so know very little about them. Many thanks in advance.
It looks like the brake fluid comes from the main hydraulic tank, the other reservoir is the "Brake cooling reservoir" ? So first guess would be a leaking seal in one of the wheel brake packs, or more than one. It also looks like there's a hydraulic motor that drives the coolant pumps, I don't know how they're coupled but a bad seal there might also be a possibility, but that's a long shot.
Your issue can be a few: the Triple pump hydraulic side seals are bad and pushing oil into the brake oil cooling tank. (2) triple pump control valve can have internal cracks. (3) Piston brake seals can be bad and transferring oil into the brake cooling system.
rear piston brake seals.
Thanks to everyone for their input... Turns out I'm elsewhere this week coming but no doubt the following it will be on my adgenda.