Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TA40 symbol on dashboard

Brian Bobb · 2022-11-13 10:42

Anyone knows what this symbol is and how to diagnose it? It is always on the dashboard.

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2022-11-13 12:54

    Hydraulic Oil Level - https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:grs:7000:1412 The main link shows all the ISO 7000 pictographic symbols for equipment - https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:pub:PUB400001:en

  2. #2Brian Bobb2022-11-13 17:36

    Thank you so much for that. The hydraulic oil level is ok on it. Could the sensor be bad?

  3. #3Nige2022-11-14 02:35

    Possibly. It’s also possible that you could have a wiring harness fault.

  4. #4Brian Bobb2022-11-16 13:32

    It was the harness. Do you know where I can get the service/repair manual for this machine?

  5. #5Nige2022-11-16 15:00

    Glad you found the problem and sorry I have no idea where you could get a manual.

  6. #6Brian Bobb2022-11-16 15:07

    That symbol came on today. What does that one mean?

  7. #7Brian Bobb2022-11-16 15:08

    Thanks to you for letting me know what the symbol was I was able to. Oh alright. I will keep on searching for it.

  8. #8Nige2022-11-16 15:39

    If you use this link it takes you to all the symbols and you can figure it out for yourself. You need to scroll down and click the "Show All" button to get the full list. The one for the hydraulic oil level was a fair way down the list IIRC. The 2nd one appears to be some sort of restricted flow. the rectangular "tank" symbol indicates that it is something to do with the hydraulic system. https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:pub:PUB400001:en Try this link for a manual - https://www.manualslib.com/products/Terex-Ta30-11279093.html

  9. #9Brian Bobb2022-11-16 17:39

    I did scrolled all the way down but it doesn't have that symbol. Yes, there was a restriction because it was not moving. It started to move when we left it for a while. Thanks. I will check the manual link out.

  10. #10Nige2022-11-17 05:57

    I looked at the ISO 7000 list as well (more than once) and couldn't find it which is strange because I was under the impression all manufacturers were obliged to use those symbols and nothing else.

  11. #11Bigbert2022-12-17 09:41

    Hi Brian, your TA 40 got a ZF or Allison tranny?

  12. #12Brian Bobb2022-12-17 10:43

    It has a Allison.

  13. #13Brian Bobb2022-12-17 10:45

    Yeah, I searched it like three times and could not have seen it. I appreciate your help and that link as it will come in handy in the future.