Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TB42 Electrical Panic: Board Lights Flashing, Wheels & Hyds Twitching upon Key On

Dean B ยท 2026-07-18 16:43

Video of the problem. Having a problem with my Trex TB 42 lift problem just started happening. Randomly. Turn on the key hear clicking, hydraulics activating, trying to start the engine but then shuts off, system board lights flashing on and off. AI says it's a ground issue I checked the ground from the battery to the motor and every other one I can find they all seem fine. Any help would be appreciated

Replies5
  1. #1Dean B2026-07-18 16:45

    Here is the video link

  2. #2Dean B2026-09-20 10:31

    Still looking for help on this.

  3. #3John C.2026-09-21 20:56

    All the flashing I would think is the system going through its boot up process. I'm not familiar with what your machine is. I'm guessing maybe a crane. A serial number and possibly a photo of the machine might help. In my mind I would start checking the key switch, or starter solenoid. Do you have a service manual for the machine? It would probably have a description of how the system works and a cook book troubleshooting section that possibly describes your problem.

  4. #4Dean B2026-09-22 10:49

    here is a picture of the machine, not mine but you get the idea. I replaced the keyswitch, starter, solenoid work fine, it will start run for a couple minutes then shut off and it goes haywire from there.. starter trying to start, hydraulics moving the tires, basket. computer lights on the computer board are blinking all over where they should be mostly steady. I had the computer board rebuilt 2 years ago. No manual for the machine,not sure they would have a trouble section on this problem.

  5. #5John C.2026-09-23 19:02

    Now I feel your pain. Are you trying to start the machine from the ground or the platform. Have you checked to see if there is a switch on the platform or the house that designates where control is supposed to be at? Sometimes on those machines that I have worked on the engine won't run unless a pedal is depressed in the platform if the control is switched to there.