Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex Titan

MetalDragon_boy ยท 2006-11-12 13:51

Hi! I have a Q! Does anyone know if there is still some Terex Titan left in use? I have seen pics of Titans being loaded by a shovel but I dont know how old they are... http://www.mischa2000.de/Technik/Trucks/Titan/Titan__2_/TEREX-Titan-Arbeit-002.jpg

Replies16
  1. #1Wulf2006-11-12 19:21

    According to Wiki the Titan operated in Sparwood British Columbia was a prototype and no others were built... I guess in our industry this could be the considered an equivalent of the famous Howard Hughes' seaplane 'Spruce Goose' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terex_Titan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spruce_goose

  2. #2digger242j2006-11-12 20:17

    Yeah, the difference being that the Spruce Goose only flew one time, with Howard Hughes himself at the controls. He did it just to prove that it would actually fly. The Titan actually worked for a living, as Metal Dragon Boy's picture shows. There's pictures of it as it appears today (it's clean!), in this thread:

  3. #3MetalDragon_boy2006-11-13 11:07

    Hmm that may explain why they restored it in the first place, if only one where built it is a unique machine that should be saved. Although there are several 1:87 Titans out there! So not only one where built! :wink2 :bouncegri

  4. #4cat992C2007-01-02 12:37

    Terex 33-19 There was only one 31-19 ever built.That is in Sparwood,BC right now

  5. #5LuNaTIcFrEAk2007-06-28 15:05

    Old thread, but I figured some off you may find this interesting. Scan of the Original Terex 33-19 Hauler Catalog

  6. #6Ross2007-06-28 15:24

    Thanks for PDF's :cool2 I saw the truck back in may on a Visit to Sparwood. Theres a permenant Web Cam but if offline at the moment. I have some pic's when i was given a tour of GreenHill operations ElkValley Coal. I will post them if anyones interested? Ross

  7. #7Ross2007-06-28 15:30

    Picture I took of the Truck. Thought i uploaded it in the post above :Banghead

  8. #8RollOver Pete2007-06-28 17:00

    The 33-19 hauler spent some time right here in So. Cal. In 1978, it ran at Kaiser Steel's Eagle Mt. Mine for 1 year. The Terex was too wide for the haul roads at Eagle Mt. It was "tested" there for 12 months, dis-assembled and hauled off. I've spent some time working at the mine and have lotsa pics to share. :cool2

  9. #9RollOver Pete2007-06-28 17:08

    :cool2

  10. #10Wulf2007-06-28 19:19

    Sure... let's see them. You spent your vacation at Greenhills Ross :beatsme You are a true Heavy Equipment Fan :notworthy

  11. #11Ross2007-06-28 20:35

    I went over on personal Business. The Guided Tour was to good to pass up. Especially with the break in the weather high up in the Mountains. I also Had a look round Elk View site were the Titan worked. Here is a few pic's for now :drinkup 8 Truck Shop with overhead cranes etc. P&H 4100 L1850 TBH. This region of Canada is truly magnificent. Heavy Rain and Snow when I visited But the sun did shine Ross

  12. #12Dickie2007-06-29 01:23

    Hey Ross, excellent pics! I spent two summers on contract at the Fording River mine, which essentially shares a lease border with Greenhills (I did spend some days at Greenhills as well). Your photos brought back some great memories, thanks.

  13. #13Ross2007-06-29 10:12

    Hi Dickie. Fantastic place. I am looking to move out there soon :drinkup I never got the chance to Visit Fording River site North of GreenHill. Anyway. A few more pic's :drinkup The drive up North. Marion 301. Note: Dozer driver working through his break :notworthy :notworthy 830E (I think) With coal Body Ross

  14. #14P&H 4100 xpb2009-11-28 06:12

    Hello, I search pictures from P&H 4100 xpb Can you help me ??? i have search a long time Thank you a good day

  15. #15coalcrewtech2010-03-02 07:02

    the titan just isnt practical, the video said if the engine went down they would just retire it because of the cost to fix it... dumb idea, but that thing is neat

  16. #16log big2011-05-19 20:25

    the Titan is a monster dump truck i have seen this truck 2 times cool truck i have pice of it at sparwood BC i will try to put them on