have our tracpactor 428 pulled down for new rotor bearings, figured i would build back up the hard face anyone know what hardfacing material to use i got it in the shop and have a big mig-spray arc setup -last hardface i did was on a genesis concrete processor and got the wire right from them . dont want to be welding the wrong wear material on that expensive rotor im already 24k in parts for the rebuild boss is about to cry thanks
I'm kind of late but just saw your post. I would look at a Stoody or Lincoln hardfacing guide book. Bigger dia. hardfacing wires are basically self-shielded flux-core wire. Smaller dia's. under 1/16" I think require shielding gas. Stoody has a lot more options. I'm not familiar with your machine to recommend a specific hardfacing wire but would think something for severe impact. Big thick sections will probably need some preheat for good fusion. Most hardfacing is limited to 2 layers. They make build up wire if you need to rebuild to original size. It has no limit on the number of layers.
thanks for the reply i got ahold of terex and forwarded me the ESAB brand wire they recommend, unfortunately not available here in the united states , had my welding supplier cross onto something compatible and got it done
That's weird it's not available in the US. Stoody originated in the US and were well established when Esab bought them.