My TS14B has been doing great, but a few days ago all of a sudden when you turn the wheel the pan will start to turn normally, but then doesnt want to turn even when you have the fuel to it. Ehen that happens it squeals, like the pump is squealing. It's not very loud but I can hear it and feel it. It's not wanting to turn especially in soft ground. It's almost like it's low on oil in the hydraulic tank but it's full and has good oil. The pan has one leak on it coming from steering pump under floor and it's very minor. A few drops a day. Any thoughts on what I should look for? In hard ground and empty it acts fine. Loaded sometimes if it's a hard turn you have to back up to make it turn all the way.
Is there a specific pump for the steering. Sounds like the volume cuts off at low pressure
Probably a bad steering cylinder. Check those first by doing a cylinder leakage test.
sounds like a weak pressure relief valve to me. It should be located in the steering valve housing. If it's not darting around on it's own I doubt the cylinders have any issues.
Same steering system as the ts14g use. Changed a few steering cylinders for weak steering that didn't seem to have wandering steering. Probably because one cylinder was ok I guess, and I think the flow reversing valve helps hold the oil in place. Not a bad idea to check the steering pressures too. Both are quick checks.
I don't no if you got your problem fixed but I had the same thing happen on mine. The two rollers that run the reversing valve when you turn all the way to either side and push the valves. There is a 5/8 bolt in each side that holds the roller assemblies in place they get seized up or even bent. If they stick it will bypass oil. The chrome rods in the reversing valve when machine is straight should have 13/16 stick out on each side. Its something easy two check they should turn easy with a wrench
B.e.d77 thank you. I checked and one side didn't move as free as the other. Loosened the bolt a little and oiled them up and it seems to have fixed it.
No problem glad I could help