Anyone know where one might be sitting in the continental US? Back lot, fence row, etc. Would like to see one. Saw the post earlier this year of the ones in Canada.
Know there are Euc Terex pans in KS not certain of Series though. Saw some working at Hayes two years back.
there was a job just finished 5 miles from me using terex pans. if their still on the job site tomorrow i`ll get a few pics. not sure if their the tts you`re lookingfor
The TTS14 were a tandem bowl 14. Big arch hitch on the second bowl that attached above the first scraper axle. Three engines total.
There was one posted on YouTube a while back, I believe it was in Missouri.
okay I did`nt pick up on the tandem bowls the ones near me are not tandems but pretty good lookin machines
OH Nadler worked for a concern that ran Tandem 14s in St. Charles county, they are all gone as that company went OOB when the old hands dried up and retired. Machines were sold at auction and disappeared.
Found it in my old records, NORVEL, been gone now about fifteen years.
traxcavator, thanks for sharing.
There may be one or some in the AGE Corporation yard in Ft Pierre South Dakota.Its been many years since I have been by that way but there used to be a lot of older green iron behind the fence.It was really a sight for me to see the collection.Try a Google Earth view to see if you can spot some.
A picture from AGE Corporation website.They look like a pretty interesting outfit to work for.I kind of wish I lived closer.
That is quite the mishmash of parts and components there. Looks like a 43LOT series tractor, with a pair of older short bowl TS-24 scrapers that would be early 60's units but wouldn't have the power aprons. But... the rear planetaries look like early TS-18's, which could be correct, Euclid just sideboarded the TS-18 to make the first 24's but they had cable aprons. I don't recall that the Twin bowl 24 was available from Euclid but I think they offered some conversion kits from the factory to keep up with Ken Harris. N.A. Degerstrom in Spokane Wa. had a big fleet of custom built TTS-24's in the 70's. I've run a few of their ex machines for others and even owned one of their old ones. A 43LOT tractor with a 12v71 and a long bowl scraper with a 6-71 inline. 32SH series ? I think, anyways it was never a twin unit but had the pad eyes for a push-pull hitch. Got to run one that had the ball in front of the rear engine and still had the air controls for the rear scraper, looked like a handful to operate.
Pans in general were a Handful to operate, add a third engine and a second bowl, that encompasses EVERY Limb to operate!!
This is prob a dumb question but going to ask anyway. Was there a 3rd throttle pedal for the third engine or was it incorporated with the middle engine by using the second pedal to run both engines? I would assume it would be the latter since trying to run 3 pedals with 2 feet could get a little confusing to say the least at times.
Most of these had been converted to Air Control throttles, all common.
Pretty sure both rear engines were on the same pedal. On the regular TS-24's it wasn't hard to run both pedals with one foot if you had some practice, I plumbed mine with a flipper valve that overrode the pedal and put the rear engine to full speed when I was loading. Then that leads to tire spinning in sand and loose material, so I used an Eaton 2 speed switch to shift the rear trans to second gear loading, still have the push without the spin.
We had one Terex pan the had the TTS-14 label on it. Sadly when we got it the hitch and 2nd pan here gone.
Thing just sounds angry...
Like to roll in to the Easton scale with that! <<< faces looking out scale shack windows!
Yeah I agree with you, the iron on the street view is seemingly pristine. The stuff way out back looks very interesting!
what are you looking for to buy one or just want pic/info? I was the one that posted the dual bowl one in Canada. they are not factory ones the owner built them in the early 2000's I do believe. I would say similar to the ones done back in the 60's but not the same. I sure he was just running an air throttle with an on /off for the back engine.
I have interest in the older equipment. Just a hobby as I work on the newer stuff everyday. Not much information on the old equipment anymore. You see the tandem pull scrapers today. Tandem powered units seem like a good idea if you can manage the problems. Powered axles in soft ground are the way to go! Sometime I'd like to nose around the A-G-E yard in Ft Pierre. Google maps shows four sitting there. My wife would be disgusted if we had to stop to look on vacation!
I think you will find the dual bow at AGE to be 24 not 14's there were pics of them floating around somewhere of them. that too is on my list of places to go see.
It was 2012 when I was working on the road and was through that area.I would like to do a road trip and stop by the AGE yard then head north to North Dakota and view the coal mine equipment and some stops at the silo bunkers.A night or two at the Riverdale High Lodge on the pass through would also be in order just for old times sake.The little woman may not think that is a very good itinerary tho.
Only thing better than a couple of Detroit's screaming together is three of them.
I seem to remember that my Euclid History book does show some factory double bowls and I believe at least one triple bowl. May or may not have gone into production. They built a lot of non or very low production machines. I will have to dig the book out and see what I can find.
Which history book are you referring to? I need to get one.
I am guessing this is the book he has been referring to.
Some TTS-14’s
Some double TS-24’s
Even a triple TS-14
....and “Big Daddy”
That is a good book with a lot more interesting things in it for anyone interested.
I have Eric's Euclid/Terex history. It includes the Terex versions too and explains the split that created Terex (GM) and Euclid (sold off to White Motor corp.) in 1969. Whole lot of political skullduggery there under the guise of "antitrust laws". I think it was mostly the fact that Caterpillar was getting scared of Euclid/GM. What do I know?...
The boss lady ordered that version for me last night. I am looking forward to get it here. Now if I could a reasonable copy of the book “Payhauler” I would be tickled!
That is the book. Thanks for posting the pictures. I was going to go find it this evening in my man cave. I might have to anyway and refresh my memory. Lots of neat toys in that book.
Let me know when you go. I'll meet you there somewhere.
Let me know where you find these
In those books Ken Harris is mentioned quite a bit. The old man at AGE and him were good friends. The TTS24's they have are harris built among others. I agree with the post above about green being a very formidable competitor against the big yellow. Very innovating.
I ran the TS 14 ,6days a week 10hr a day , after a couple of month , my back got so sore, I Had to get off it. I was only 19 an DUMB!, but I love it anyway, that was back in 1969 IF anybody wants to know about the machine,I might have a answer