Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TX760

KG-Ranch · 2017-10-12 09:47

Hello again, so after months of looking and researching and taking all your comments on what a good used backhoe value and conditions to buy. I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2002 TX760 4x4 extendahoe with 1800 hours and purchased it for $18,500. The rig is extremely clean and the only flaw is a slight crack on the right rear fender. For ranch use I saw the value in the machine and for the price it was comparable to a 6-8k hour JD or cat that to me look like you need a tetanus shot before sitting in the cab. I was original looking at a few backhoes in the $40-50k range but just couldn't justify the price for the 100 hours a year I'll be putting on the rig around the ranch. So luckily there is a Terex service center in Fort Worth , just a few hours away if I need major repairs, and I'm pretty familiar with the Perkins engines with my many many years in the marine world. So I'm hoping someone has some insight on what the buttons in the cab do , after unloading the rig off the trailer last night and going through some of the front bucket features, I think I got it currently stuck in the anti-roll back feature and can't get it to return to dig. Wish I had a operators manual for it but it seems the internet does not currently sell one, I will have to order from the dealer. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks guys. KG-Ranch

Replies17
  1. #1just-a-mechanic2018-09-20 09:02

    Hey! Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I purchased a 2002 TX760 4x4 extendahoe with 1500hrs. I paid 16.5K for it, but mine needs some TLC. I have a manual for that machine in pdf format. The terex 760B is very similar to the 760. Have you located a manual yet? Would you happen to know where to get the extend-a-hoe wear pads for this machine? I have no luck finding one.

  2. #2Mr.Bill2019-02-17 18:14

    Hello I am new to the forum and have a 2003 terex 760 bought new. Are you still having problems getting parts?

  3. #3just-a-mechanic2019-02-17 20:24

    Hey mr. bill! Yeah I have another thread on here finding manufacturers part numbers instead of terex numbers. Have you found a source somewhere or are you looking like the rest of us?

  4. #4Vetech632019-02-17 20:26

    You you want to avoid a lot of misery with that Terex hoe, drive it off in a lake. You will thank me later.

  5. #5Mr.Bill2019-02-18 07:59

    http://terexceparts.terex.com/fermecSpares/Parts/listcatalogues.asp?langID=lang1&catType= I've been able to get most of the parts I need including the wear pad kit from these people .. not cheap but they have it. I have an early machine and I usually find the seal kits based on the cylinder numbers. superiorpartsandservice.com I'm able to use this site for my machine to get the correct part numbers

  6. #6Mr.Bill2019-02-18 21:26

    If that works for you good. This has been a very reliable machine and really proved itself after the eye of Hurricane Irma went thru here. With the 4 n 1 bucket and a thumb on the hoe, it was the most versatile machine available.

  7. #7Mr.Bill2019-02-18 21:31

    Have you found a source somewhere or are you looking like the rest of us?[/QUOTE] Hey Mechanic Where can I find the thread on here finding manufacturers part numbers ?

  8. #8Vetech632019-02-19 06:52

    That's good then! The experiences here have been less than stellar. Could be a regional thing with the dealers also...…...parts are still very difficult to get and most I know that have had them got rid of them quickly.

  9. #9Mr.Bill2019-02-19 19:43

    Hi where is the thread for parts?

  10. #10Domsue06192023-05-04 16:26

    Hi I’m sorry I can’t help but I also have a terex 760b and am looking for some service help. Would you be able to send me the name of your service center in texas ? I can’t find anyone with terex knowledge. Thank you

  11. #11Hewitt2025-03-19 18:47

    Hi, I did manage to find a service manual for my Terex 760. A friend has the book now. I will look it up soon I bought the book trying to fix forward and reverse issues

  12. #12CThemRollinBCD2025-03-22 03:00

    Have you troubleshot the transmission fwd/Rev issue yet?

  13. #13Hewitt2025-03-22 11:55

    No im still trying to figure it out. Im working a lot so i only have some weekends.

  14. #14CThemRollinBCD2025-03-23 11:57

    Did you find wear pads? I know this was years ago.. I thought I saw you cut some.

  15. #15Hewitt2025-03-24 11:26

    Hi, I found out the Mecalic Group took over the Terex brand. Search up Mecalic dealer in your area.

  16. #16CThemRollinBCD2025-03-24 11:37

    I found a source for the pads they are 125-200 a full set. I’ve ordered 2 sets.

  17. #17Hewitt2025-03-24 11:46

    https://mecalac.com/en/news-and-press/the-mecalac-group-unveils-the-new-12-series-3-models-1-unparalleled-standard.html You should be able to find information here.