Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

test

digger242j ยท 2004-06-06 17:18

tried to post a new thread just now and it ain't working... CAUTION! Picture of a big dead, gutted crocodile is located at the bottom of this thread. Don't say I didn't warn you...

Replies22
  1. #1digger242j2005-02-05 07:54

    trying to see why will-gurt's pic won't post....

  2. #2will_gurt2005-02-05 20:15

    Like I said in our PMs. I will do post only from now on. It is just to discouraging to cut the size of the files to meet the limit only to have them go to a link attachment. Others post photos that are way larger than what I tried to post and the photos show up as..well photos. I had a previous attemp cut to proper size and all. It went to a link as well. This was a single attachment and not the double attachment I had posted only yesterday. When another forum member opened the link they could hardly see the photo. I also belong to another forum involving pets. They have size limits over there as well. I have no trouble posting photos over there. One other thing, other HEF members have the same trouble as I do trying to post photos. They cut them to the acceptable sizes and get the link terror as well.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2005-02-06 12:54

    This seems to be the way the new version of our program works. Try posting just one picture per post until I see if this can be modified. Will, not only do you have to meet the physical size of 640 x 640 pixels, but the file size has limits too of about 102,000 bytes. I've found that pictures with a lot of dark colors seem to use more file space for the same size picture and that they need to be reduced further to meet the file restriction.

  4. #4digger242j2005-02-06 17:24

    Steve, Will's pixels and file size were both within limits. I just re-read his first PM to me, and realized that he'd asked, "When you are attaching, if you "preview" the post. Will the photo show up in the preview? " I then recalled that the attachment must be made when you submit the post, and doesn't work when you preview it. I just PMed him with that and suggested he check and see if that might be the root of his difficulty. I'm sure he'll let us know if he succeeds now.

  5. #5will_gurt2005-02-06 22:02

    Take a look at the two photo attachment I tried to do last night. For some mysterous reason BOTH links have turned to photos tonight. :beatsme . So obviously one can attach more than one image to a posting. On a message board called sybil den. When I post there and attach an image, if Ipreview the posting the image shows up. Maybe it is different here?

  6. #6will_gurt2005-02-06 22:06

    one last try here!

  7. #7will_gurt2005-02-06 22:10

    This gentleman is one of the masons that we use. This is the first time I have sucessfully posted a real photo and not a link. Maybe the gremlins are going to leave me alone now :drinkup

  8. #8Steve Frazier2005-02-08 00:12

    Will, we had to make a setting adjustment to get it to work right, the problem was on our end. Thanks go out to Stonehenge for sorting it out!:notworthy

  9. #9will_gurt2005-02-08 06:07

    Thanks, Digger had relayed what was wrong to me in coversation yesterday.

  10. #10digger242j2006-10-19 23:30

    Just a test--the last couple of posters who added pictures, just had the filenames displayed in the post, but not the pictures. on edit: Hmmm...same thing here... On 2nd edit: removed the 2nd and 3rd pics, and the first one shows up...

  11. #11digger242j2006-10-19 23:36

    checking to see if one pic only makes a difference... On edit: apparently, it does

  12. #129420pullpan2006-10-19 23:51
  13. #13will_gurt2006-10-20 22:33

    Sorry for replying to this photo. But That has the owner of the car say "I'll only be 10 minutes,honest" written all over it.

  14. #14Squizzy246B2006-10-20 23:27

    Digger...you posted in the Cletrac thread as a photo and today it has changed to the link. Also, the pic's of the Yanmar I posted went in as links to the files but all my previous ones went as photos???? In most forums a single pic comes straight up but a series will come as the links. This is so people with Dial-up and pathetic graphics cards don't have to wait hours for a page to load up. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 7 seconds. On edit: Here's a picture of a dead crocodile, added by Digger, so it can be linked to, but won't really be seen by anyone who's not really digging pretty deep:

  15. #15rbdevries2012-03-10 11:44

    Just trying to be accepted! Thank-you! bob

  16. #16Daniel592012-03-11 14:01

    Me too I guess we all need to be accepted

  17. #17Daniel592012-03-11 14:09

    Testing features So anyways like I was sayimg test :thumbsup abc ABC abc :guns

  18. #18weekend warrior2012-03-15 09:09

    Just trying. To earn my posting privelages.

  19. #19digger242j2014-05-31 16:03

    Test post of a random PDF file.

  20. #20kshansen2014-05-31 18:55

    April 16th, now you tell me Thanks a lot buddy! No wonder they laughed when I showed up with a green shirt!

  21. #21digger242j2014-05-31 20:48

    I wore the right color shirt, and they laughed at my science project...

  22. #22willie592014-06-01 11:42

    Digger...your brain is an enigma. :yup