Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Test – more weight, more power

Metsaman ยท 2015-05-01 12:24

Problem with tiny backhoe is too lightweight backend, when You lift or digging something heavy backend on backhoe lift up. You can not use all lifting power on backhoe. I put some extra counterweight on backend My backhoe and then test it by moving big bolder how it is work,,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6k0jhL20M8

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies8
  1. #1lumberjack2015-05-01 12:45

    It seems like the boom cylinder is overly long; with your boom still quite a ways down, the cylinder is nearly fully retracted. I wonder what the person who designed it had in mind.

  2. #2Metsaman2015-05-01 12:56

    Backhoes loading height is quite low and that is main reason for it...

  3. #3Shimmy12015-05-01 13:15

    That little hoe seems to do pretty well. That rock probably weighs about a ton.

  4. #4Metsaman2015-05-01 13:30

    Yes it really do very well, this machine is like ant it can lift more than it own weight ( about 550 kg)... : )

  5. #5lumberjack2015-05-01 14:14

    But why design it with that limitation?

  6. #6Metsaman2015-05-01 14:24

    I don't know about that, after all this is a tiny backhoe, here is couple videos where I load ATV trailer by My backhoe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dVctUlm7V8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcq5W6CVlC0

  7. #7lumberjack2015-05-01 18:54

    I've watched several of your videos prior to this thread. This latest video is when I noticed the cylinder. It's certainly a powerful, economical solution to many farm/home owner issues! My mind can never leave well enough alone, has to find improvements (theoretical or otherwise) everywhere!

  8. #8Metsaman2015-05-02 00:45

    You make very good notices, I like this machine and it is just right tool for Me but that low loading height is weakness on this backhoe.