Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Test testing

Tiny · 2017-01-23 20:27
Replies24
  1. #1td25c2017-01-23 21:07

    10-4 Tiny , hear ya loud & clear bro !

  2. #2Tiny2017-01-23 21:18

    Just testing to see if i still know how. Lol

  3. #3td25c2017-01-23 21:55

    Yeah Tiny , the truck & dirt diggin forum looks a little different so testing it out myself .

  4. #4td25c2018-08-24 20:04

    ……

  5. #5RZucker2018-08-25 15:37

    Boy, those are some old school welds on that pipe. When was it originally installed?

  6. #6td25c2018-08-25 19:48

    Guessing mid 1970's . How can you think of welds at a time like this RZ ! I think I found a way out of this joint through the ceiling . Gotta get the pipe out of the way first . I need you to slip me in a hacksaw blade and a mirror ASAP old buddy .

  7. #7RZucker2018-08-25 20:15

    I'm not sure how you bid that job, but I would have the carps taking that hanging ceiling down where I needed to be. Most of those come out fairly easily.

  8. #8td25c2018-08-25 22:23

    Don't bid on jobs anymore . Just do what the Warden / Customer tells us & send them a bill $ . Treat them rite and the only reason they will ask about the cost is to write the number on the check . Whatever it takes is what it takes to make it Great Again .

  9. #9RZucker2018-08-25 22:37

    This is 2018... I'll send you a cordless hammer drill.

  10. #10td25c2018-08-25 23:00

    Slip me that cordless hammer drill rig over the table in a big plate of beans & cornbread Bro ! Nobody saw nothin . LOL

  11. #11crane operator2018-08-26 10:11

    If the black helicopters end up coming for me, just because I looked at this thread and am now on some terrorist watch list, I'm blaming it all on you guys. They can probably get me on conspiracy to collusion charges now. I'm expecting you two to put up my bail $ too, or at least to come run the cranes and fix all my projects while I'm in. Stay away from my secretary though...

  12. #12RZucker2018-08-26 14:21

    As we speak, TD is disguising the hammer drill as a hair dryer, we can send it to the penitentiary of your choice. What will running the cranes and fixing things pay?

  13. #13crane operator2018-08-26 19:10

    Not very much- if it was all the glory and money like it looks like it is, you two would flip on me in a heartbeat.

  14. #14td25c2018-08-26 20:44

    Yeah RZ , I think this crane operator cat is gonna pass the mustard fine . We still need a good Wheelman that can play it heavy in case we get behind the eight-ball on this gig . We would have to change his handle to something like " Taxi Jib " to protect his identity and put him behind the wheel of something that will blend in easy & won't draw any attention . The Ford 4 door Galaxie 500 should work fine . This is coming together better then expected .

  15. #15RZucker2018-08-26 21:36

    Umm... Yeah... The blower sticking out of the hood blends right in. But it can outrun anything other than a Motorola 2 way.

  16. #16td25c2018-08-27 21:56

    Good point RZ ! We better stay with a vehicle where the 6-71 blower is under the hood . Lower gear ratio & better lifting capacity . I think crane operator would go for something like that .

  17. #17crane operator2018-08-28 22:12

    Oh great, one of my co- conspirators has decided to start the getaway vehicle, put it in gear, and video walking next to it. Not that it doesn't sound great, but I'm questioning some people's judgement. Oh how, oh how, could this whole thing possibly go wrong?

  18. #18RZucker2018-08-28 22:23

    That was the Victory Lap from the "Slow race"

  19. #19td25c2018-08-28 22:59

    Have a little faith & cool it with the negative waves . LOL

  20. #20td25c2018-09-02 20:32

    We slipped in over Labor Day weekend & pulled the job off . Used the 1974 GMC with a heater . Got the valve bank in place . Thanks for the help & you cats lay low for awhile until this pipe cools off .

  21. #21RZucker2018-09-03 00:08

    You have to use a mirror to get 'er done?

  22. #22td25c2018-09-03 19:36

    Had to use a mirror on two joints . The dyslexic lefthanded affliction helped out welding ass backwards . Filled the system today to check for leaks . All dry and shut the valves off going to the other section of the building & opened the bypass . Water meter needle stopped turning . We isolated that side & confirmed the leak is under the concrete in that section of the building like suspected .

  23. #23RZucker2018-09-03 22:37

    I have welded a few irrigation joints with a good groove by the braille method and not a single seep. The designers have a tendency to put joints right down on the concrete, or in a spot up against a pad going onto the ground. I've gotten good at taking out a foot at one end and putting it back in the other end to make stuff work.

  24. #24td25c2018-09-04 19:49

    I've noticed that as well …… Looks good on paper ! We first looked at some mechanical couplers but there was simply no room up there . Went with slip on weld flanges & fired up the heater . Hand me the mirror . LOL