Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Testing a new hoe today

Bill Smith ยท 2011-11-27 14:13

JUST GOT A NEW MACHINE . IM IN THE PROSESS OF DIGGING OUT THIS BOLDER DO THINK SHE CAN DO IT. SEEMS TO HAVE LOTS OF POWER AND SMOOTH .WHAT DO YOU THINK

Replies13
  1. #1Scout_19692011-11-27 14:30

    The machine may have trouble, it looks like the digging around the rock may have worn out the rabbit in the last picture on the right or maybe he's your operator just taking a break. It may be time for a hoe ram, or some explosives... I mean hammer drill and fire crackers. Looks like the vibration from digging on the rock broke a post on the ROPS and has the hood jacked up.

  2. #2Kobe1302011-12-01 01:04

    wow, how much does that baby weigh? 10 lbs? 12 lbs? 5 lbs? What's the construction material - die cast zinc??? Nyuk, nyuk...

  3. #3Bill Smith2011-12-01 06:39

    Ain't she sweet .it does have real steel pins .just headin out to grease and service her today

  4. #4bowen2011-12-01 07:36

    MERCY ME! For goodness sakes, be careful. Do you have any idea were the bottom of that rock is?

  5. #5Bill Smith2011-12-01 18:40

    You will notice she has no extenda hoe or 4 wheel drive , Who needs m She will giter done

  6. #6Bill Smith2011-12-01 18:45

    Scout from what I understand the last owner told me that ROPS was the experimental type . Kinda kool hugh

  7. #7CM19952011-12-01 21:10

    I think this thread is better suited for the "Models and Miniatures" Forum.

  8. #8Bill Smith2012-01-05 22:04

    I thought it was good

  9. #9Killbox Alpha2014-07-05 22:59

    I had one of those when I was a kid. Not sure what mom every did with it. Gotta love those old toys made out of real metal.

  10. #10RZucker2014-07-07 00:59

    I had the big Ford backhoe... and many other Ertl and Tonka built heavy equipment toys. Even a few Doepke toys. still have my Heiliner scraper and a 1466 IH tractor.

  11. #11theironoracle2014-07-11 23:49

    Please call 811 and wait 2 days before continuing this excavation..........LOL..............TIO

  12. #12td25c2014-07-12 22:25

    Those were cool rigs . Not sure when ERTL quit making the IH backhoe . My boy was using mine in the sand pit . I want to say it's a late 1970's model .

  13. #13Desertwheeler2014-07-13 00:02

    I have one of those. Has a custom rear bucket and rear rops supports! Haha