Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

testing for hydraulic cylinder bypassing.

nowing75 · 2021-05-13 09:11

Had a d6t that was told it would not lift a full blade of dirt. Felt for heat and thought i could feel it but not for sure. I got out my steelman wireless chassis ear and attached them to the 2 lift cylinders and it was amazing how you could easly tell the cylinder bypassing. I think they are around $300. I had originally got them for hearing noise under vehicles that needed to be moving to hear it. next is a thermal camera.

Replies7
  1. #1Mike L2021-05-13 16:57

    I’ve got the thermal camera but have never heard of the wireless chassis ear. How does it work?

  2. #2nowing752021-05-13 19:41

    There is a control box you hold that lets you select witch device your listing to and the head set plugs into. There are 4 wireless boxes about the size of a cell phone and it has an alligator clip on it to clip to what you want to hear. I just put a magnet on the cylinder and clipped to it. Worked better than I expected.

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-05-14 07:50

    I never knew such a handy device existed until reading this thread. I had to do an internet search as soon as I read about it ! https://www.amazon.com/Steelman-60635-Wireless-ChassisEAR/dp/B07K3XZR7R

  4. #4kshansen2021-05-15 19:51

    Sounds like a very handy trouble shooting tool!

  5. #5JD955SC2021-05-16 08:49

    So what does a bypassing Cylinder sound like?

  6. #6Vetech632021-05-16 09:27

    SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH

  7. #7nowing752021-05-17 13:32

    yep makes a ssssshhhhhhhhuuuuuuuussssshhhhh sound very noticeable when comparing the 2.