Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thanks Everyone who Commented

blake.wisse ยท 2018-10-22 11:25

About a year ago, I started a thread on this forum titled "What Machine Do I Need?" I had an interest in developing my property and wanted to get my money's worth. I had/have many jobs including retaining walls, shed foundations, septic trencehes, cabel trenches, heavy lifting, water tower foundations, mowing, leveling, grading among others. well, I'm pleased to say that "I'm glad I asked." I found the members of this forum most helpful, professional, experienced, and competent. And although my thread is no longer available, I did find e-mail refrences to that conversation. A shout out to Sheepfoot, TomA, cuttin edge, Chad Duncan, NH575E, among others. the above mentioned members, I took all your advice and did exactly that, I bought myself a 2006 JCB 3CX sitemaster, and it's a beast! I think I got a good price, I seached long and hard, went to multiple auctions, paid multiple diesel mechanics/fitters for inspections, bought what looks to be ex-council machine, and although I still have plenty of learning to do, I really enjoy using it (when I'm not $hitting myslef on the steep inclines). I think joining this Forum and paying mechanics for pre-purchase assessments ($200 AUD a pop) was the two best decisions i made regarding my purchase. mind you, it hasn't all been smooth sailing, I did get ripped off a bit by one mechanic and an Auto Electrician, and now it's my turn to offer some novice advice. If you buy a JCB and can't vouche for the history. Call JCB, get them to send out a technician, and get them to assess it. I was trying to save money (electrical problem) because I assumed this would have been the most expensive option, turns out I should have done it at the start. once again fellas, and HEAVY EQUIPMENT FORUMS.COM, thank you... p.s. doesn't mow grass very well

Replies2
  1. #1Jeckyl19202018-10-22 19:51

    They do have mower attachments for those tho. Just saying. Lol

  2. #2blake.wisse2018-10-26 07:37

    yeah i (actually) know, just can't justify the price. discovered that when i went into DIGGA. pretty spun out by the tree mulcher as well. my old MTD does the trick. cuts on an angle, but who cares, it's just grass