Hello, name is Tim Bradham. I’ve recently bought 8 acres to build our dream home/garage. I also bought a ‘84 JCB 1550B 2WD Backhoe, to help in clearing the property. It would not move when I purchased it, which I knew. Ended up who I bought from, her Dad drained all the hydraulics, to include to trans and serviced it, but did not add any fluids in the trans. I’ve gotten the backhoe working, replaced all the tires, repacked 4 cylinders (which the last one being the boom, I did myself). I’ve got two issues, the right rear landing cylinder goes down slow, but up fast, and the rear bucket as yesterday comes in fast, but started moving slowly out. Other than that, I’m a happy camper with it. I hope being on here I can learn more it, as I feel I’m doing pretty good so far. Thanks for having me, Tim
Welcome Tim. Post your questions up in the backhoe forum for probably quicker answers. Include the subject of your question in the title so people can easily see if they can add anything to the discussion.
Yeah man, welcome! You are already doing better than me with your hoe! They are amazing machines and you can do a lot with them.
Welcome, Tim, If I'd stayed in Lillington, I'd probably have a backhoe today! Neill
Welcome to the Forums Tim! Glad to have you!
Welcome Tim! I'm new to the forum, but find lots of helpful members with immense expertise. Also learning a lot about machines and topics I have not been exposed to previously.
Don't worry about all these old men here. They may be grouchy, but I have background checked every last one of them.
Welcome to HEF Tim !
Tim, welcome to the HEF. Look forward to hearing about your adventures.