Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The 233 H&L Teeth vs 230

77Ford ยท 2023-03-15 11:12

I just welded new adopters onto my backhoe bucket and now the flex pins are stupid hard to put in (no I dont have the pin tool). I was researching and came across the 233 style teeth with the wedge that does away with the flex pin and was wondering if anyone had experience with them? Do they stay on as well as the standard 230 flex pin?

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2023-03-16 17:15

    Never used the 233, but how are you trying to put the flex pins in? try holding them slightly squished with a vice grip and pound in. Or come up with a bar that rides across the top of the teeth and an arm to hold and push the pins, so you can hammer directly on the bar and instead of at an angle.

  2. #2wattsbackhoe2023-03-17 21:13

    233's stay on fine and wear better. The only thing you need to keep in mind is they are a slightly larger tooth. It does make it a little harder to pull through the ground.

  3. #3willie592023-03-17 21:46

    Best tool I've found for knocking in side pin teeth, including the old Cat side pin, is the jaw from a pipe wrench. Remove the jaw from the pipe wrench, you now have a steel right angle tool that has teeth on it that contact the pin, lay the threads of the jaw across the tooth your driving the pin into and the adjacent tooth to keep things square and whack the end of the jaw to drive the pin. A 24" jaw will do small buckets, larger buckets with wider tooth spacing require a 36" or 48" pipe wrench jaw.

  4. #477Ford2023-03-20 11:42

    I like this idea, I'll give it a shot before I switch to the new 233's. Thank you,

  5. #5Tags2023-03-20 19:22

    One of these work pretty well too. Pin removal / installation tool for backhoe flexpins - B23 plus Roll Pin adapter | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Pin removal / installation tool for backhoe flexpins - B23 plus Roll Pin adapter at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com