Got the old 4500 out of the shop tonight. I got the tach to work along with he fuel gauge. The foot throttle will put her up to 2000 rpm, the hand throttle takes it to 1850. What is it suposed to do? I am gonna put mechanical oil press. and temp gauges in it, what kinda pressure should the engine oil pump out out? It smokes a wee bit now with the new head gasket in it,but other than that it's good as new. Thanks for any and all replies.
Congratulations on the 4500 resurrection buckeye:drinkup. I'll check my manual when I get a chance and see if it mentions oil pressure. I'm just guessing 20 psi min hot and idling, and 40-50 psi hot and a workin'. Phil
If I knew how to post a pic to this sight I would. This thing is a clean one owner, as a car dealer would tell you. lol
Phil, The old girl must be alright. has 80 psi cold idle,60 hot idle. I even tried another gauge because I didn't belive the first one.
congratulations
hehe. yeah new here! ________________ Pennsylvania home remodeling
any pics?
I'll try. http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/1949WD/Picture061.jpg
Again! http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/1949WD/?action=view¤t=Picture061.jpg