Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The Death wishers’

DMiller · 2018-04-02 14:56

Been having to make quite a few runs thru the 'City' to get to my drop points and at all hours including those LOVELY peak travel hours of Radmaggedon, or Rush hours. What is with all these idiot death wish enthusiasts that just Have To sneak in front of a Semi(Loaded) and stop suddenly?? Have come close to buying a dash cam so I can document the morons cutting in front allowing NO stopping distance to protect my ass if that is even possible.

Replies15
  1. #1Wes J2018-04-02 15:14

    Just another good reason to stay out of the city, any city.

  2. #2Labparamour2018-04-02 17:16

    Yeah, had a radio talk show host say how his trucker-dad taught him to race up and take the space in front of big rigs when needing to get over. Another co driver bought a dash cam and I picked up the model he had. Hopefully an added layer of protection. Darryl

  3. #3DMiller2018-04-02 19:18

    Wish I could stay out of the city, hate the moronic **** that happens there.

  4. #4Truck Shop2018-04-02 21:16

    We have 56 tractors and 56 dash cams. The drivers bitched at first about their privacy in the cab {fiddling with the blow up doll}, but after a few months they all learned that it was handy in defending themselves in situations at docks, truck stops and highway. Truck Shop

  5. #5td25c2018-04-02 22:30

    One more job for the Shop mechanic ........ Truck driver brings him a flat doll that need's a patch repair ... " Can ya get this fixed pretty quick " .

  6. #6Truck Shop2018-04-02 22:46

    We let the Tire Nazi's at Les Schwab take care of those issues. Truck Shop

  7. #7Bumpsteer2018-04-02 22:55

    Reason #1 I let my cdl lapse.....the way people drive today, I'll never get behind the wheel again. Ed

  8. #8RZucker2018-04-02 23:05

    Last Saturday me and the boys had to do the CPR class, I told them keep it clean, no snide remarks etc. The other half of the class was office girls/ladies from 2large companies... Guess who made all the snide remarks and innuendos?

  9. #9Truck Shop2018-04-03 07:41

    Last year alone the dash cams saved our company around $50,000 in parking lot, dock loading area damage. Trailers getting rubbed and front ends getting backed into at docks. And in every one of those cases the driver went into a instant LIE that they didn't do it until it's pointed out their on Candid Camera. Truck Shop

  10. #10Crummy2018-04-03 09:12

    I had a 4 camera DVR system on the big truck. At first I would jot down the time something happened so I could save a clip of some idiotic move someone made. 2:15, 2:17, 2:55, 3:18.......aw heck, just watch the whole 24hrs. My trucking insurance carrier at the time gave me a discount for having it, too. It's going on the service truck.

  11. #11DMiller2018-04-03 10:19

    Sold me. Have them coming.

  12. #12Labparamour2018-04-03 10:36

    I’m interested in what cams others are using. I’ve had an inexpensive Seneo for about a year and seems to work okay. Darryl

  13. #13Old Doug2018-04-03 22:05

    We just put cameras in all the trucks and pickups

  14. #14Wastepro2018-04-04 06:28

    Truck Shop knows what'sup. I would recommend anyone in the truck industry get a Dash Camera. As others are saying about how people drive. Don't think I can add anything here, its obvious a lot of people suck at life. We have dash cameras in all of our trucks. Got the wall mart Garmin brand ones, work great, was less then $50. First week we bought them, one of our drivers clipped mirrors with another big rig on a small two lane. Other truck driver was all pissy and wanted to call the cops, file a report and on and on....well as soon as my driver said "I got a dash cam" the guy said he was ".... uh in a hurry and probably should just head on, dont worry about." What a piece of work this guy. It is the really the only way to roll nowadays. Our guys know its for their protection, no one is reviewing the video to see who's smoking in the truck.

  15. #15thepumpguysc2018-04-04 07:49

    Have you guys seen the one they're pushing on TV?? slips over the existing mirror.. less than 50.00 Looks pretty kool.. has removable sd card & playback & 360* cam..