This is a series of stories and thousands of photos ( some video ) of my adventures in going from a dock builder to a rock blaster. Featured are photos of almost every kind of road construction machine, extremely steep conditions, and sweeping aerial images. In the early days of the blasting business, it was just a couple of hand drills, a compressor and a pick-up truck. A few years later, I was blowing up ocean reefs...and shortly after that got to be a blasting superintendent on the 700 million dollar Sea to Sky highway improvement job. These stories and photos are dedicated to the people that worked with and around me on that job. We did all this hairy work with out getting so much as a hang nail...I believe, because we had the right people and treated them right. Some of these will be old news to you guys at HEF, but I hope that you will enjoy the ones that you haven' seen yet. I would encourage you to read the story of Sam Fitzpatrick's death at the Toba-Montrose hydro-electric job just after the Sea to Sky job...this is how not to run things. . Here is the link to Drill Bits and Dynamite http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/08/the-drill-bits-and-dymamite-collection.html
thanks for the link Mike
Thanks...have read a number of the blogs so far and an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. Trbo