https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6683251/The-giant-majestic-redwoods-helped-shape-America.html
My Uncle started the Oxbow Dairy, along Hwy 6 between Frances and Raymond, Wa. Right along the Willapa River. I used to visit during the summer when I was a little kid. I would go adventuring all over and I discovered a grove of redwoods where the foothills start. They were substantial trees at the time. Much larger than the Doug Fir in the area. Uncle told me an early Raymond pioneer family transplanted them from California. I thought that was really cool. I’d never seen a genuine redwood besides learning about them in 5th grade science class. I just knew I had discovered some new tree species. I just did a look-see on Google Earth. Looks like they may still be there.
One of the highlights of Hwy 6 for me.
Many many years ago one of our other field service mechanics smuggled some redwood seedlings back from the US rolled up in his rain gear. He said they grew link stink in our mild wet Vancouver Island climate. I've never seen them but unless they were cut down I expect they would be fairly large today. d.d.
The Redwood Limber Industry Northern California 1947
I was once tasked with replacing the deck on an old 45’ flatbed. It was originally decked with redwood and it was the most beautiful wood I’ve ever seen. I saved every single board that was worth saving and ended up trimming and running through a Stenner Resaw. I used every bit of it, renovating a house. The wood was breathtaking to look at, in the exposed beams and wainscoting. I sold that house for a 600% profit 35 years ago, every once in a while, I drive by. According to the Fire Chief, the wood is still all there and looking great. I always keep an eye on it, with the hopes of acquiring another rental property.