Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

the grandaddy of all motor scrapers

rayman ยท 2018-08-28 00:10

this is a MISKIN motor scraper from 1919. It was built on a Moline model D tractor with a Fresno horse drawn tumble scraper attached. Miskin stil build motor scrapers today.

Replies7
  1. #1petepilot2018-09-07 20:39

    would sure like to see one of those in action thanks for posting

  2. #2RZucker2018-09-07 21:31

    I'm hunting for the info, but I think RG LeTourneau built an electric powered scraper before this one. It had a blazing 1MPH top speed.

  3. #3petepilot2018-09-07 22:05

    thats just to damn fast

  4. #4rayman2018-09-09 02:43

    this Miskin on a 1921 McCormack-Deering, it has tricycle front wheels

  5. #5rayman2018-09-09 02:45

    Miskin is still in business today

  6. #6rayman2018-09-09 02:51

    An early Miskin scraper with Cletrac towing (prob. a Monarch) the rear engine drives the hydraulics and the tall tower at front is the bowl lift, the ram on the side is the apron open/close. Miskin still like the dual high flotation tyres. rear engine is likely a buda

  7. #7rayman2018-09-09 02:54

    built 1922, this is the earliest Le T. machine I have seen. preserved at the Le T. university. Cat 60 towing here.