Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The Great Grandfather of Excavators!

Smalley360 ยท 2009-06-20 23:34

This is a Picture of my Restoration Project. It is a 1968 English Walking Excavator the "Smalley 360". You move it around with the bucket, tip it up and pull. Scooting where you need and when you have to turn you slew it to the direction you want and pull. VERY FAST, TOP SPEED OF 2.5 mph LOL :slomo You can see more at my web site http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/551289136MUXBqo or learn more about it at http://www.oilyhands.co.uk/smalley_towable_diggers.htm I hope you guys like it!

Replies4
  1. #1amunderdog2009-06-21 00:04

    Probably need to hire this guy as operator for that machine to operate at maximum potential

  2. #2maddog2009-06-22 09:33

    Seen a few machines like that, I believe Northern Tool and harbor freight sell a smaller style. Amunderdog: LMAO put him and Rosie O'Donnell on that and it would classify as a monster excavator

  3. #3OCR2009-06-22 09:51

    ???... Well, I'll take your word for it... LOL OCR

  4. #4LandRaider2009-06-25 18:02

    Nice old Iron!! I like it.