Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

the holland loader

9420pullpan ยท 2005-06-08 19:20

here is a pic of another awesome design. there is a remote operated D9 under the conveyor. check it out! more info and pics at http://www.hollandloader.com/products1.htm

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies11
  1. #1Taylortractornu2005-06-20 17:34

    PullPan Ive seen a few pics of 2 that were used on the Tenn Tom water way that was built through here and went to Mobile Back then they were run b TD40 IHC,s and HD40 AC,s They loaded at a phenomenal rate for the haul trucks. Even had a few that the load conveyor tripped on and cab loaded lol.

  2. #2schuiver2014-05-20 13:58

    Here one in action. http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBXcqqbC5p8

  3. #3Scrub Puller2014-05-20 14:47

    Yair . . . Well I'll be! . . . a very old idea that obviously still has an application. I recall seeing a Vid of a big US dam job where the same style loader was pulled by Allis HD20's . . . and how about this from the same site, a modern variation on the "Chinaman" I started a thread on some time back. *Edit. I see there is an old thread on Holland loaders back in 2008. Cheers.

  4. #4ben46a2014-05-20 20:40

    Scrub, we call those "chinamen", Kolman loaders in my neck of the woods, as kolman was the only make available at the time. We had one here with a murphy diesel to run the belt. Pushed in with an HD21 or D8H, probably 40 years ago, before my time. We moved on to shovels and excavators as time wore on.

  5. #5Scrub Puller2014-05-20 23:20

    Yair . . . ben46a . Sorry mate I did not explain myself. A "chinaman" in Aussie talk is just a shute . . . some times just built out of bush logs. Before the time of loaders they were built at a central point at a gravel pit and a D4/D6 size tractor pushed the gravel up the ramp or shute straight into the truck. Mostly on big jobs there was a second larger tractor feeding in along slots down from the ridge . . . it wasn't unusual to push four or five hundred yards winning run of the ridge gravel in those days. Thinking about it I don't quite see how the cost and complexity of a dozer fed belt loader would ever stack up . . . with a D6 I could load a truck in about ten seconds if it wasn't too dusty . . . the truck drivers had to stand up on the cab or at least where they could be seen, the dozer driver needed a wave for when the truck was full. Cheers.

  6. #6ben46a2014-05-21 20:47

    Scrub, I can see how that was cheap and effective. At the time the kolman was cheap, and there weren't any shovels in our budget to be had. It wasn't the best rig for the job but did the trick.

  7. #79420pullpan2014-05-23 20:24

    Some more good pics here Holland Loader in Holland

  8. #8elric2014-05-24 04:43

    New member, long time lurker, but HI folks. These popped up on youtube, thought others might find it interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O48t_wdDbzM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6y0OCTePsQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYcqKOqFnco

  9. #9elric2014-05-24 04:45

    Last 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBXcqqbC5p8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhKtUOtsL7M https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6GlaxNCLI4

  10. #10elric2014-05-24 04:48

    Sorry if I broke a rule for a new guy, but watching for the last 2 years, I don't think I did. Question though, what trailer is the Volvo ADT pulling? I've heard of an ADT pulling a scraper style trailer, but never a dump style trailer. Again, thanks for the info all, it's helped way more than you know.

  11. #11hmearth2014-05-24 04:50

    Awsom pics