things have gotten busy up here in the great white north and the d6 9u known as THE HOOD is having to work. yes a winter freighting cat working in dirt, you know you are short on cats, LOL i did a couple of drill pads for www.westernareas.com.au while the john deere 650G known as one of the "lemon sisters" was an anchor for the diamond drill, LOL. thansk KoO Published Author
Oh the humanity!! (Or is it, the machinity? ) How does that work out with the piece of wood supporting the top of the track, or do you put the roller back in there for summer work?
The Hood Working In The Summer? King of Obsolete, Just read your post... almost have a tear in my eye... I do now. A 9u... First dozer I ever ran, I was a kid then, 53 or 54 some years ago. My dad and uncle bought it new in 1949, the year I was born. Supposedly, one of the first with a hydraulic blade. It was shipped in on a rail flat car, to a small town, and walked the 13 miles to the very spot where I still live. I don't know if it was "factory", or an add on kit, but it had electric start for the pony. I put a lot of hours on it over the years, we even farmed with it. My uncle still owns it, and yes, it still runs. Thanks for the memories. PS, I know about the wood trick for the carrier roller; a dear old logger friend, John Huff, told me about it. He taught me most of what I needed to know... to learn about the logging business. He worked well past 80 years!, in the woods, and passed on last year, at the age of 91... sad, sad, day. Thanks again...OCR
OCR, if you're that touched at simply seeing one picture of The HOOD, you must not know its whole story. KoO put quite a bit of effort into him even being in the light of day, and working. KoO's story about The HOOD. You can also read some of The HOOD's trials and tribulations here on the forums by searching through other threads started by KoO.
glad you enjoy the D6 9Us, they are one of the best winter freighting cats ever made. here is another picture to tease you guys with. xena took the pictures, not bad for a ten year old. thansk KoO Published Author
The Hood Working In The Summer? digger242j, No, I sure don't know the story, but I will... So, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. There's a lot of ground to cover on this site... This is what got my attention... probably wouldn't have caught it from just the picture. Thanks again to you, and KoO. With respect... OCR
KoO, Did the cab for MONSTER TRUCK happen to come off a 1940's or there about Dodge Power Wagon?... If so, maybe I'll make one out of ours... It's got a Farm Hand F-10 loader on it right now... ... OCR
Does that blade know what dirt is? Thinking it figured anything other than white snow was some foreign material. LOL Glad to see your surviving spring/summer in the great north. I am sure you can't wait til it drops below freezing again. Trbo
KOO Good pics but where's the cloud of sand flies or all the swarming bulldogs? LOL.:canada
KOO Good pics but where's the cloud of sand flies or all the swarming bulldogs? LOL.:canada
Cat Trains It was 97 F here in Mississippi today, but I got chilly reading about KoO's cat train adventures. ha ha Pete ps: I entered the contest on KoO's website. Want some of that Clodhopper candy!