Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The last Wheels at Wanaka Show

Tones ยท 2025-04-21 03:14

Well the last Wheels at Wanaka is done and dusted. For those interested there's heaps of videos on YouTube, earthmoving machinery farm tractors, trucks,cars and motorbikes .

Replies6
  1. #1DDoug2025-05-15 11:59

    Why was it shut down ?

  2. #2Tones2025-05-15 16:02

    A property developer has bought the site. A side note, this year the world's greatest gathering of Caterpillar D2 crawler tractors took place there, over 200 IIRC.

  3. #3skyking12025-05-15 23:02

    One show too soon. I had it on my list, but have to finish the house first. I'd like to do Warbirds if they have it in 2028.

  4. #4Tones2025-05-16 16:50

    They'll be there no doubt. Every other year there's an airshow at Omaka near the top of the same island, not as big a Wanaka though. With the huge turnout of exhibiters this year I thinking Wheels at Wanaka will continue at a different location, it's got to big to stop with to much money going into the local economy.

  5. #5skyking12025-05-16 17:12

    That's great. I'm hoping they bring it back. It might take one season but since they do it every other year they have a chance to get it together.

  6. #6DDoug2025-05-19 20:59