I havent seen this performance before on this PC400LC-7L. At start up............ 1-3 minutes later..................... SO, its MAGIC!!....Right!?
Does the small red icon at the top of the screen in the first photo indicate an issue with the sensor for that system when it’s cold..?
It not showing up til the temp is high enough for it to read sounds reasonable, but if this is a new thing at 17000 hrs, I have no guess.
It's the same symbol as on button number 6 which I think is a service communication menu. The engine does have a warm up function where the low idle speed is raised to somewhere around 1200 RPM until the engine temperature is around 100 degrees. That usually takes around three to five minutes.
I'm not sure on this. I punched the monitor into service mode and have no active faults, also nothing related in the history. What I don't know is if each gauge that appears has its own "system" or if all of them are power connected on the same circuit. It is definitely a new thing. The gauge has always shown up at start-up until a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if its related to the other electrical glitch that started around the same time. See below....... The machine does go through the warm up cycle like normal. There, at this point in time, seems to be no correlation between the gauge appearing when the warm up cycle is completed.......or during the cycle itself. It appears between 1-3 minutes after start up with the engine idling and no hydraulic movement.
Now, for the other electrical gremlin. The swing lock has been coming on by itself. It may only at start up, or it may not. It may only lock up once in a work day...........or 5 times. Sometimes the machine swing works normal and doesn't lock at all. The problem is..........I have yet to see it do this. The issue is so intermittent that when it does happen, the operator screws with the manipulator and for some reason it will free up and may work the rest of the day with no problem.............or it may do it 5 more times during the day. Swing gear case oil is nice and clean, no metal or burned oil, and I can work the swing lock switch and it works like it should every dam time. I don't know if there is a swing lock relay between the switch and the solenoid valve which could be the culprit (if there is). You guys have any ideas? SN# is A87397
Swing lock control has been in the computer since the early Dash 3 days. Sounds more like a wiring issue. You should be able to follow a #4 hydraulic hose from the bottom of the swing motor back to the swing brake solenoid to find the coil. Check the connection and the wiring back from there. With that number of hours you can't rule anything out.
It's normal, not MAGIC anyway!!
Hope this's useful.
For more details.
WOW! LACHAU to the rescue! LOL Great info there my friend and its greatly appreciated! I will hopefully get to look at this machine today and I will report my findings. So......I guess its NOT magic