This is a very interesting article and could spell the beginning of the end for oil burners. https://www.trucks.com/2016/12/01/nikola-one-hydrogen-fuel-cell-electric-semi-truck-debuts/ Truck Shop
HeavyEquipmentForums They were talking natural gas turbine electric hybrid until last August. Quite a turn around. And this one works??? or just a better projection. Fuel cell battery hybrid makes a whole lot more sense than the last idea. Fuel cells are out there too, right? as in real world everyday use.
Article states it can net 65K. I have a hard time with truck weighing 15K. Even if it weighs 15K they are counting the trailer as net. I don't know of any fuel cells doing everyday work, but there are a lot of test beds out there. This makes a lot more sense than the battery only truck Tesla wants to build. Some napkin math with an engineer buddy and we came up with 1.2MW battery to do 600 miles a day with a generous bump in aerodynamic efficiency. As cheap as CNG is atm, it's hard to beat for regional hauls, especially for truck loads of tater chips.
That looks cool, funny that US Xpress got on board. I wonder whatever happened with the self driving Cascadia?