Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The “Official” Conexpo 2008 Thread

dayexco ยท 2008-03-12 18:45

a few pics

Replies91
  1. #1dayexco2008-03-12 18:48

    few more

  2. #2dayexco2008-03-12 18:50

    just a few more

  3. #3N.CarolinaDozer2008-03-12 19:54

    Nice pics, wish i was there! Maybe next year?:beatsme

  4. #4dayexco2008-03-12 20:06

    they hold it every 3 yrs....you got lots of time to plan for it, very well worth the trip, other than i've already got a blister on my foot from the walking, and 2 days left. i don't see how we'll see everything

  5. #5N.CarolinaDozer2008-03-12 20:30

    r u getting free things from the vendors?

  6. #6csquared2008-03-12 21:51

    holly hyundai

  7. #7NateV2008-03-12 22:24

    nice pics thanks! and man i sure hope the A/C in the Case backhoe for the army. Looks like it would be an oven in there.

  8. #8dayexco2008-03-13 00:44

    what's free? this is all a cost of doing business for the vendors. whatever costs accrued here, are directly carried into the cost of the machine you buy. that's why i never beat up my salesman that call on me for a free lunch, whatever. you pay for it one way or another. wine and dine is just another cost passed onto the end user.

  9. #9stuvecorp2008-03-13 01:07

    Thanks for the pictures, can we put in any requests? The new Case skid steers and Kobelco, please.

  10. #10OzDozer2008-03-13 03:29

    Neat pics, if a little on the dark side. How's about a report or pics on the new Volvo battery powered/hybrid drive loader? :usa The new Volvo ISG system is a goer, according to them .. for buses, trucks and earthmovers .. and will be available from 2009. A smaller diesel engine than normal is integrated with an electric motor, and batteries supply power for all electric drive at low speeds. When full power or high speed is required, the diesel provides the lions share of the HP, with the electric motor providing the rest .. http://www.khl.com/conexpo/article.asp?articleid=166

  11. #11tuney4432008-03-13 08:35

    Hey Dayexco---I think we need more pics on that well built chassis at the Robex display.

  12. #12roadrunner2008-03-13 11:51

    Oh I like well built chassis'!!!! Ihear yah tuney443 - need more pics!Maybe some of ConExpo would be good as well!TeeHee

  13. #13Steve Frazier2008-03-13 12:13

    I just made this the official Conexpo thread. Anyone with photos from Conexpo, please post them here. Thanks dayexco!!

  14. #14equipment fan2008-03-13 19:58

    hey guys,nice pictures!!I`ve just saw that on a conexpo news that cat is introducing a new high-capacity 470E ADT...yes a 470e not an 740e.Any more info please??and pictures !

  15. #15PETE3792008-03-13 22:02

    This show is huge, was there for 6 hours today, I dont think I did a quarter of it. A lot of good info, and great weather too. Some manufacturers really put together a great presentation. Took some pics, i'll post when I get home Sun!

  16. #16Lashlander2008-03-13 22:08

    Turn your flash on your camera off. Your pics will come out way better when indoors. The halls have enough light to make the pics good without the flash. Guys have been having the same problem over on the DHS site with dark pics.

  17. #17alco2008-03-13 22:47

    I don't know for sure, but I suspect the ifo you saw was in fact a typo. I think they are introducing a 740E, and someone just typed it in wrong when posting what you saw. Brian

  18. #18equipment fan2008-03-14 06:47

    probably,well,i will wait the pics!!

  19. #19Burnout2008-03-15 22:19

    I'm back from Conexpo..... dayexco; you left Eco Crusher too early the other night. Pullpan, Hoeman, CM1995 (and wife) and I all toured around the north hall later on with no one there and got some amazing pics between us with no one in the way. Was great meeting guys from the forums though, nice to put faces with names. Even though I forgot everybodies name pretty well.

  20. #20BIGBEN20042008-03-15 22:22

    Alright start putting the pictures up Burnout:drinkup. Did anyone get any shots of the new Case Series III skid loaders and CTL's?:cool2

  21. #21Canadian_digger2008-03-15 23:29

    I want to see pics to!

  22. #22skata2008-03-15 23:30

    they looked practically the same as the current ones. i think the main change is the tier3 engines.

  23. #23Burnout2008-03-15 23:48

    They are the same as the current models.... but I am sure there are a couple in some of our pics. I have about 200 pics of the show and my cross country adventure to ConExpo, I just posted the JCB Precision Backhoe Team up on you tube will link you up once it is done editing.

  24. #24Burnout2008-03-16 00:14

    Ok.... Here you boys go the JCB Backhoe team on thursday afternoon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksXQazLzVmY

  25. #25skata2008-03-16 01:00

    hmm, where are the dancing ladies? (hanging from the lifts) i thought they were in all the shows.

  26. #26Burnout2008-03-16 01:41

    I watched the backhoes 3 times and the ladies were only in there once. I think they do every other show maybe? I got to lookin at some of em up close... seemed like they were nice from afar but far from.... well you get the idea. I'm just sorting through the pictures getting them organized a bit, seperating the driving from the show, and I also went to the Ritchie Brothers auction early wednesday morning... so I have some pics there as well.

  27. #27bobcat ron2008-03-16 10:22

    What do those "dancing" backhoes prove?

  28. #28bushcat2008-03-16 10:27

    Cool Video there Burnout.

  29. #29Burnout2008-03-16 12:12

    The dancing backhoes prove that if you put anything moving around with women hanging from something..... it's interesting. Oh yeah it also proves thats 3 serial numbers you want to look out for if in the market for a JCB 3CX!

  30. #309420pullpan2008-03-16 12:35

    Well I got some awesome pics had a great time. i took about 680 pics, it will take some time for me to get some of them up. i wanna give a shout out to CM1995, Mass-X, Burnout, Day-exco, and Hoeman an of course the guys at Eco-Crusher for their hospitality. having said that Hoeman and I are still in Vegas and leave today BUT we saw a bunch of equipment leaving the North Hall last night take a look at this............

  31. #319420pullpan2008-03-16 12:37

    This was well worth staying an extra day for

  32. #329420pullpan2008-03-16 12:39

    Just in case you couldnt take the suspense on that last pic SUCK ON THIS

  33. #33bobcat ron2008-03-16 13:16

    That is way cooler, nothing like cruising in the dusk in traffic with police escorts!

  34. #34Burnout2008-03-16 13:20

    Ahhh pullpan... you and hoeman SUCK! I know I should have tried to stay in town. Friday I was forced to do the "couples" thing, I only got to the show for a couple hours in the morning then went on a tour of the grand canyon. I'm still working on my backfill proposal for it. I have a 3 year window to get it backfilled so it doesn't interfere with my Conexpo plans for 2011. I am still on the road, I stole the wifey's laptop last night so I can get my fill of HEF. We're in Montana right now on the road. How did your pics turn out from our "Night at Conexpo?" I went through mine and they are awesome. Nice when you can get them without people in them. Sometime this afternoon when we get back into Alberta there is an old equipment yard we passed by on the way out. I saw some old D9's and a ton of old Terex scrapers sitting in a field. And definately a special thanks to the guys from Eco Crusher for the hospitality of their booth, and for letting us shut down conexpo for the night.

  35. #35cat3202008-03-16 14:05

    That must of been an awsome show I was supose to be going but plans changed. I was at the hilton for another show and it took up the north central halls not the one on the other side of the highway that splits the halls up and that was big .can't imagine all the halls and outdoor lots your guys had to walk .a week is just not long enough for that show can't imagine how bad it was to get there and leave everyday . did anyone get a video of the case rodeo ? lucky guy who won that 120K machine . Great pics so far can't wait to see more . those machines that they road with the police did they have to go back to a staging area to be picked up?

  36. #36CM19952008-03-16 15:39

    Now that's funny! Ditto on the thank you for the eco-crusher after hours party. Draft beer does give you one heck of a headache. ointhead Pics our our little party, compliments of eco-crusher outside the north hall. From left to right: Hoeman 600, Burnout, myself, 9420 Pullpan and Mass-X. Special thanks to my wife who took the picture and endured a couple of hours worth of beer drinking and talking about equipment.:drinkup

  37. #37CM19952008-03-16 15:48

    A couple more pics of our exclusive "after-hours" HEF photo shoot:

  38. #38CM19952008-03-16 15:52

    I would also like to give special thanks to Construction Equipment Magazine for hosting the initial meet and greet. They let us use their lounge area and their beer was cold.:drinkup Also special thanks to Steve for arranging the meeting and supplying the name badges. We all had a great time. BTW - I thought I had the "yellow iron sickness" but 9420 Pullpan has it way worse than I do.LOL

  39. #399420pullpan2008-03-16 16:41

    right on burnout i had a blast hanging out with everyone i have a few other cool pics that i will post soon i am in the airport heading out @ 4 so i have some time on my hands i also saw Chuck Liddell in the Vegas airport more to come later

  40. #409420pullpan2008-03-16 17:04

    here are some more pics from "The Night at Con-Expo" we were spectators of a spectacular Vacuum race and it looked like Mexico was going to win..... the HEF models in front of the flaming tird just kiddin

  41. #419420pullpan2008-03-16 17:13
  42. #429420pullpan2008-03-16 17:16
  43. #43Squizzy246B2008-03-16 17:17

    And a finer lookin bunch of earthmovers there hardly was... How's the camera holdin up....is it still workin :lmao:lmao Good to see you enjoyed yourelves:thumbsup

  44. #449420pullpan2008-03-16 17:18
  45. #45bobcat ron2008-03-16 18:42

    That wheeled excavator in the last pic is looking mighty sexy right about now......................

  46. #46Burnout2008-03-16 21:32

    Ok here are some more pics of the Vacuum Races... I managed to get a picture of the head racer. I think this guy is the Jeff Gordon of the Bissel 500. Friday night they held the Dyson 250. I also got a picture of the Bissel 500 Pace Car makin a run around the event. I also caught CM1995 doin some high speed picture taking. Seriously.... the man is like the flash of takin pictures.

  47. #47Burnout2008-03-16 21:34

    And some more from our "The Night at Con-Expo"

  48. #48Burnout2008-03-16 21:36

    More More More

  49. #49CM19952008-03-16 23:12

    From the wife Hubby is grilling steak so I had a minute to steal the computer. I was not sure what to expect going to this 'meet and greet' but I had a blast with ya'll (that's southern for you guys) and I know the hubby had a ball! Thanks for keeping me in the conversation and explaining those technical terms, like 'section'.:Banghead Pullpan, I thought hubby was obsessive about 'yella' but I think you have him beat. Hoeman, hope those boots are broken in now! Mass-X, say hey to the wife for me, really enjoyed talking to her. Burnout, thanks for putting me in the pic, was that a hoe or a hammer? :beatsme For those that didn't make it: dude, you really need to come next time... you have three years to plan. I mean really, Vegas, Equipment, what else could you want?!?! Don't answer that question, it's Vegas!! Seriously, enjoyed meeting you guys, talking about real life experiences and getting a taste of other facets of our industry across the country (Canada too). It brings it all home.

  50. #50637slayer2008-03-16 23:31

    thanx for the pics, it looks and sounds like you had a really good time:notworthy i better start saving my doe.

  51. #51Burnout2008-03-16 23:51

    Ha ha, no problem Liz, I have another picture that you wandered into with my track loader I have been fantasizing over. PM me your e-mail and I will send it on over to ya. And tis a Hammer in the picture. It's definately worth going to. I spent 4 days at the show and there are still parts I had to skip through. Next time I am formulating a plan of attack for the show. And of course for you fine people..... I have more photos to post.

  52. #52Burnout2008-03-16 23:54

    And yes...... more

  53. #539420pullpan2008-03-17 00:39

    well i just got back in my truck at the airport, first thing I did was check the new posts....... it was all too much fun Hoeman and I are more than likely going out to the Mine-Expo in Sept so if anyone is up for it we can have another meet and greet...

  54. #54DirtHauler2008-03-17 01:34

    Good God, Thank you Jesus for you all taking pics for us. This is an event I WILL attend next time. My father attened the Concrete expo last year and told me stories about how grand the event was... I could not have imagined how GRAND he ment. Sign me up for a lifetime membership to that show. Well at least I only have to kick myself for not going for three years.

  55. #559420pullpan2008-03-17 15:32

    Dont forget about the Mine-Expo Sept 22nd-24th 2008. the Mine-Expo takes place every 4 years and the Con-Expo takes place every 3 years. check out the link http://www.minexpo.com/

  56. #56Burnout2008-03-17 20:43

    Ahhh pullpan you are a bad influence on me. I am trying to buy a house this year... first Con-Expo and now Mine-Expo. I'll be there, maybe we can see what kind of vacuum races they have there.

  57. #57alco2008-03-17 23:14

    I would have liked to go, but Minexpo is what I am holding out for. Have my hotel and airline tickets booked already. Brian

  58. #58alan627b2008-03-17 23:23

    A record 132,000 pre-registered guests.... We were there Wednesday and Thursday, my feet are still sore...Couldn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, trying to speed search as we were...I think it would take 4 days to get close to seeing it all! I did happen to get some Cat 666 scraper shots on the way to Vegas, the old gitls were on a road job 40 miles north of Wickenburg, Az. If anyone lives in Vegas, there are 4 more in Henderson, NV, for the Ritchie Brothers auction . Pictures to follow eventually... alan627b

  59. #59Burnout2008-03-18 23:16

    I got a couple shots of the Ritchie Auction in Vegas on I-15, still haven't uploaded them yet. I played around for a few minutes moving the D11N around but started attracting attention to myself. So I moved on and fired up the Komatsu 1100... wow was that a sloppy beast. I also managed to coax the girlfriend into stopping on the way home at a yard where apparently old D9G's and Terex Scrapers go to die here in AB. There were 3 or 4 old D9's, D8's, D6's and probably 15 old Terex Scrapers sitting there. I snapped off about 25 pictures before a rottweiler was headed in my direction...... so I headed in the jeeps direction.

  60. #60WideLoad Co.2008-03-19 12:02

    Pics Nice Pics

  61. #61BIGBEN20042008-03-19 14:53

    Man that Deere 710 is a Beast. That is a back hoe that can accomplish just about any job you throw at it.

  62. #62tylermckee2008-03-19 20:35

    a local contractor i know that went to conexpo won $380,000, anyone see him down there?

  63. #63Dirt Dogg2008-03-19 23:20

    Hey Pullpan did you get any picts of the D7 and D8 knockoffs in the lot with this white KW? They told me that 425,000 would buy the SD-7. For that kind of money better stick with CAT. ointhead

  64. #64BIGBEN20042008-03-20 09:52

    A knock off of Cat would be like buying hand tools that look like Snap On but say Made In China. They may look good but not long after use they will break.

  65. #65Sled Puller2008-03-20 10:58

    Great show, first one, I wont miss another. Heres an album of my pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/DHRASledpuller/ConExpo2008

  66. #669420pullpan2008-03-20 19:53

    here they are Dirt Dogg, there were alot of knock offs there more than i expected to see. wow that seems like alot of a piece of junk. the throttle was something that you would find on a gen set, you know the pull and tighten to set... and the accelerator pedal looked like something out of northern tool

  67. #679420pullpan2008-03-20 19:55

    here are a few knock off Komatsu's i found in the green lot

  68. #68Dirt Dogg2008-03-20 21:21

    What else did you see? While in Vegas thought I would see some sights. Monday- Hover Dam Tuesday morning- racing, Expo, Deere Party Then Expo every day and the Strip every night

  69. #69Dirt Dogg2008-03-20 21:23

    and some more.

  70. #70cat3202008-03-20 21:41

    Tobies keiths at Harah's saw that everyday when we stayed there. Hover dam did you know that water level is down probably over 75' now from when we did the lake cruise.

  71. #71Sled Puller2008-03-20 22:48

    Strange I expected a bunch of pictures of Macks "Mr. Titan". and his Amazon sidekick, lmao. I think Mack laid a turd with their models. ICUEE is coming up March 09, I believe.

  72. #72Dirt Dogg2008-03-20 22:54

    Ya the Gladiators... LAME

  73. #73CascadeScaper2008-03-21 00:35

    Hulk Hogan, right on brother!

  74. #74farm_boy2008-03-21 10:02

    You would think that they could get the correct track tension for the show as well!! ointhead That right side looks pretty loose.

  75. #75Turbo218352008-03-21 10:10

    What did you expect out of Volvo?

  76. #76BIGBEN20042008-03-21 10:48

    The under carriage on those dozer's look like a 70's model Cat dozer. They are useing a old drive design.

  77. #77DigDug2008-03-21 17:22

    Thanks for all the pics , and good ones at that. :drinkup

  78. #78Tigerotor77W2008-03-21 20:40

    I'm surprised you all aren't making fun of me for this... Well my pics are pretty much the same as those here, but anyhow, I guess there is an official thread for pictures Ooops!

  79. #79csquared2008-03-21 20:54

    deere 60D excavator any pics

  80. #80BIGBEN20042008-03-21 21:20

    Ha Ha Ha......... Their you go you have officially been made fun of. ointhead

  81. #81Tigerotor77W2008-03-21 21:46

    I know you guys can do better than that... *sheepish grin* csquared -- nope. I, er, I got tired by the time I wandered around to the Case and Deere booths and forgot exactly why I was there. The long story is that I started the day outside, probably got some degree of heat sickness or sun stroke, talked to a rep at the Deere booth, realized how late it was, and tried to get to looking at exhibits rather than talking to people (failing, by the way, at that). The second day, I started with the Deere booth and re-circled to the Case and Komatsu booths, but everything looked familiar from the day before and so I guess I decided not to take pictures. I'm still kicking myself for that.

  82. #82mtb3452008-04-16 11:13

    i like to see more of that d8 with the one cilindar on the blade

  83. #83stretch2008-04-16 15:18

    I'm jealous of you guys at CONEXPO!!! Nice pics! Three more years... MINEXPO, here I come?

  84. #84pesanti2008-11-24 18:14

    Someone of You has taken a good photo about the Paystar 8x4 tractor and 10x4 Mixer exposed in the Navistar stand? Here the 5 axle Kenworth exposed at Conexpo 2005

  85. #85hammerdwn202008-11-25 17:06

    i guess all the machines have some kind of lockout on them? id show up with my set and start playing.

  86. #86Bellboy2009-03-02 10:02

    Ahem, Doosan? And more pics of the 872G, haaaaaa. Please. (drooling)

  87. #87Red Bank2009-03-02 20:26

    I kind of wish this thread had not come back up. I have been having some severe ConExpo withdrawals for the past two weeks. It is coming up on a year now and I can't get the show out of my head. I had never been to anything like that before and I must say that it was one of, if not, the best trip I have ever been on before. Aside from getting paid to be there by the company I work for, the free meals from our vendors during the week, the night life, gambling, shows,etc and then getting about two hours sleep and getting up and doing it all over again, it was awesome. Even if it was not in Vegas I still would feel the same way about seeing all the equipment,etc on display. Am I crazy or what?

  88. #88cat 3852009-03-02 20:55

    ha,ha,me too i already signed up on the web page

  89. #89Burnout2009-03-02 23:11

    I was having withdrawls so I am going to con-expo jr. The Heavy Equipment show is here in Toronto this week so I am going to tour over there and look at some crap. Not quite vegas.... and definately not con-expo. But I am gonna be doin a lot better than you suckers....LOL:drinkup

  90. #90oriden2009-03-03 00:01

    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where in TO and when!!! and do you want to car pool! lol edit: i looked it up...short notice for me i got to work but thats what sick days and the 24 hour flu is for! when are you going alex both days?

  91. #91Burnout2009-03-03 20:57

    I am going on friday, I went to Ritchie Brothers today it was quite the letdown. I remember back in the haydays spending the entire day looking at equipment, today I was quite bored kickin around the auction site.