Photo would not upload, here is link... https://ia800608.us.archive.org/9/items/p-h-excavating-equip-cat-no.-63-x-2-ed.-d.-d.-teoli-jr.-a.-c.-31/P%26H%20Excavating%20Equip%20cat%20No.63X%202Ed.%20D.D.Teoli%20Jr.%20A.C.%20%2831%29.JPG https://ia800608.us.archive.org/9/items/p-h-excavating-equip-cat-no.-63-x-2-ed.-d.-d.-teoli-jr.-a.-c.-31/P&H Excavating Equip cat No.63X 2Ed. D.D.Teoli Jr. A.C. (31).JPG
Here's a Byers model 621C, about 1935. 5/8 cubic yard bucket. Made in Ravena, OH. 4 cyl Buda flathead, Twin Disc clutch Bruce
Northwest Model 25. Pullshovel
Northwest Model 25 Front Shovel
I don't know anything about B-E shovels, but I saw this one the other day. I forgot there was a forum for "old iron" so I posted it in the picture thread first. Hopefully it'll get more interest here.
It was parked in the wrong spot, so that tree could have grown/pushed it's way through the house.
Google Earth 12th & Weschler avenue, erie pa. Good chance it came from there.
A couple of old Steam Shovels Working This one is the view the operator sees
I saw a mention of this old unit in a YT video and found it while on a camping road trip. It's just a couple miles from the Area 51 border and in great shape. I never did see a name plate so unsure who made it.
Old Erie Steam Shovel working
Inside the Largest Marion model 91 Steam Shovel still intact Marion steam shovel Archives - The American Canal Society
A few pictures of an old shovel at a museum in Cedar City Utah. I forgot to get a picture of the make and model.
Pics of some shovels I took recently View attachment 350120
The requested page could not be found.
Crazy
At Hanford--a major radiation leak in 1958, rather than clean, a hole was carved out next to spur track and engines, fuel tank car, box cars and two cabooses were lowered in by cranes and back filled. fact.
Steam Shovel In The Sandbox At Rollag
An old UNIT crane that I occasionally go past in my travels as a truck driver. It is along hwy 38, about 10 miles outside of Reedsport Oregon.
I was in a hurry when I snapped those pictures, and I didn't even notice that it is set up as a dragline.
First time I've seen chain and grouser tracks on a machine of that vintage. A tidy bit of gear though
Those tractor undercarriages were popular for pipeline work crawling up and down hills.
The First Steam Shovel 1835 William Smith Otis The First Steam Shovel The Otis shovel was the earliest known steam-powered, single-bucket excavator, and it greatly improved the efficiency of at-grade excavation. www.oemoffhighway.com First excavator – steam shovel | Track Motor The history of the first excavator ➤ When was it created and what materials was it made from? With us, you'll find plenty of trivia about excavators track-motor.com History History www.jumamachinery.com William Otis: Grandfather of the Hydraulic Excavator Did you know the history of the modern hydraulic excavator dates back to 1835? Do you know the connection between excavators and elevators? If any of this sounds interesting to you, then you will enjoy this post about William Otis, grandfather of the modern hydraulic excavator. info.texasfinaldrive.com Very interesting Video in this link https://www.miningfoundationsw.org/William_Otis
A few more old steam shovels at work
It’s a wonder, any work got done with them at all. Might be better than a shovel but looking at how slow that stuff is compared to modern iron, might may make me rethink my desire to be born a century earlier. lol
Remember--these are modern day operators, not accustomed to running antiquated machinery.
After running a hand shovel or walking behind horses heaving on a Fresno scraper all day, running one of those steam shovels would have looked pretty good.
That operator in the bottom video is pretty good, and getting a fair workout. We surely are spoiled by hydraulics! I bet they would have appreciated a modern chainsaw to cut all that wood! I know my Grandfather had a large blade ran off of a tractor and a belt...dont know much about it but my Dad used it some.
We had one of those for cleaning irrigation pond, a job.
The company had an old cable crane set up to dragline at the time. It was working on a Saturday cleaning out the lagoons. I was called out to look at a dewatering pump that had a problem. I knew the operator and he let me “play” for an hour. I only tangled the cables a couple of times. Definitely an experience that I remember.
Nice loading, that takes some skill. Good cribbing under ramps! Looks like a good load for single axle setup...Maybe just a short move or how it was done then?
Neat little lowboy. Helping himself up with the drag drum, he looks like he's sucking seat. Truck looks like it's got 5 lug wheels, seems a little light for the job. That machine probably weighs around 25-30k.
That's the only truck they could get, bucket ripped the cab off the last one. When you take a real good look--I don't think that trailer is hooked to tractor for breaking. That size of Ford didn't have air.
Probably closer to 10k, about the same size as a 10 RB I'm thinking
Not cable but a high production machine. s *