Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The power of Volvo!

MetalDragon_boy ยท 2007-03-03 14:39

Hi! I have been investigating the power of Volvo trucks today. Remember this is a 1:50 scale model. Imagine what the 1:1 machine can do! A40D EC650 L330C 345B MH WA900-3 D11R CD 854G R994B It is now proven, Volvo rules! :notworthy

Replies33
  1. #1Steve Frazier2007-03-03 16:15

    Geez!! You better watch the underpasses with some of those loads!!

  2. #2wrenchbender2007-03-03 19:20

    Man you're a brave soul :notworthy traveling on those wooden bridges with that kind of weight.

  3. #3MetalDragon_boy2007-03-03 19:32

    The Liebherr would be quite hard to transport. The load would be about 27 feet wide... And dont forget the hight!

  4. #4jimmyjack2007-03-03 21:40

    a little bored:scool

  5. #5HeyUvaVT2007-03-04 07:56

    I was laughing by the time I got to the D11...couldnt seestraight by the time I saw the Liebehrr..that would be quite the sight coming down the road!

  6. #6MetalDragon_boy2007-03-04 08:58

    Glad I could entertain someone!

  7. #7thejdman042007-03-04 16:57

    Need a driver for those oversized loads?

  8. #8Wulf2007-03-04 19:15

    Looks like the Liebherr 996 backhoe stick and boom tucks in much easier than the metal dragon's shovel.

  9. #9Countryboy2007-03-04 23:22

    Am I the only one not able to click the links Metal Dragon Boy posted above. All I see is a little white dot below each link to which I am unable to click. :beatsme

  10. #10Wulf2007-03-04 23:26

    Countryboy are you using Squizzy's new laptop? metal dragon boy posted a bunch of pics... no links that I can see. :beatsme

  11. #11Jeff D.2007-03-04 23:27

    Countryboy, do you see any pictures posted in his first post? I don't see any links?? Could it be the boss mans computer won't allow you to see the pic's? They're alittle larger than most posted on the site. Could it be a pic size thing??:beatsme Edit Oop's, Wulf done beat me!!)

  12. #12Countryboy2007-03-04 23:36

    :laugh Guess that proves I really can't see whats up there. I was just guessing they were links. This is the first time I wasn't able to see a pic before. I guess the boss is saying more work less play.:beatsme

  13. #13Jeff D.2007-03-04 23:43

    Oh man that sucks!! They were the best pics ever too!! They're pics of the Swedish bikini team, and they're having a pillow fight. Well, I guess you'll just have to use your imagination then.:cool2

  14. #14Countryboy2007-03-04 23:50

    Dang it. Why me?....... I think I can imagine much better things than a pillow fight though. I think I'll wait till about 2:00 am and give "The Man" a call and let him know how I feel about his "Guidelines of Internet Usage".

  15. #15Squizzy246B2007-03-05 01:11

    Oh Brother....you guys... The photos are in Dragon Boy's photobucket...so they are links. CB's computer is not displaying them because it a) Its Really Really slow b) thinks there is a security problem with the link c) is lacking the software. or possibly d) its operator error you can pick up one of the photos here CB to see what these guys are funning you over: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/MetalDragon_boy/Maskiner/Modeller/cffd051d.jpg

  16. #16Countryboy2007-03-05 01:23

    Well we can rule out operator error. And as far as photobucket goes, I can't look at it either :bash or You Tube :Banghead or anything that doesn't deal with rock or equipment :cussing . My limitations are endless. This is the message I get when "The Man" says NO: "Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time."

  17. #17Squizzy246B2007-03-05 01:45

    CB, stop using your bosses computer and get your own

  18. #18Jeff D.2007-03-05 01:45

    Man, what a party pooper!! I really doesn't make much difference anyways, if it actually were what I'd said, Digger would've photoshopped them all into wearing mumu's, snowmoblie suits, etc.

  19. #19Countryboy2007-03-05 01:48

    Or Chiffon turtlenecks......:bouncegri

  20. #20MetalDragon_boy2007-03-12 14:16

    Here are some more pics. Im running out of large models that will make this thread funny. Guess I have a reason to get some more... Komatsu HM400-1 Liebherr LTM1070-4.1 Komatsu HD605-5 Euclid R85B Caterpillar 777D Caterpillar 24H Caterpillar 5110B Caterpillar 793D

  21. #21HeyUvaVT2007-03-12 14:26

    all those pics and not one single tie down!! tsk tsk tsk ! :drinkup

  22. #22wrenchbender2007-03-13 00:27

    shhh I think DOT is near by

  23. #23JDOFMEMI2007-03-13 01:16

    CountryBoy I think I now know who you work for. Don't worry, I can keep a secret.

  24. #24alan627b2007-03-13 01:24

    Hey man! Y'all got permits fer them loads? Cool models, none the less. You need one of those Corgi Kenworth lowboys, relatively affordable and finally long enough to put a scraper model on. Although, I think the new Norscot 657G push pull is gonna strain the limits of it...... alan627b

  25. #25Countryboy2007-03-13 01:34

    Yeah, they're the ones that want you to do WORK on the computers. How boring. PM me with your guess and I'll tell ya Yes or No. :usa On edit: I missed this little comment. Allow me to retort. This one is FREE ........

  26. #26MetalDragon_boy2007-03-30 18:07

    You guys think they Volvo will hold up for this little baby?

  27. #27wrenchbender2007-03-30 22:37

    I think the Volvo will run and hide like a scared rabbit!

  28. #28MetalDragon_boy2007-03-31 06:15

    hehe yes you are probably right... the tracks of the shovel is wider than the trailer...

  29. #29MetalDragon_boy2007-05-16 15:19

    hmm naa..

  30. #30wrenchbender2007-05-16 17:22

    spotter I think your spotter just maybe in one of the 300,076,581 blind spots. DANGER DANGER :nono

  31. #31Lashlander2007-05-17 00:34

    You may want to consider double trucking that one! opcorn

  32. #32MetalDragon_boy2007-05-17 13:54

    hehe yes! Well I dont think I will be able to get a trailer big enough for that shovel. However I have plans of building myself a Towhaul trailer using a CAT 793D as base. Should be a trailer capabel of moving around 700 met. tons. Enough for the 996 Im waiting for.

  33. #33Bellboy2008-07-31 11:25

    Could you find a smaller truck??? I think you should leave the big ones for later. Anyway, aren't those sorts of BIG machines supposed to be born and die on the same mine? Other than that, great machines.