Ok... wow its been awhile since I have done one of these. So let's see how does this work again. How about looking back on the last pic of 2008.
Ok.... yeah I have more pics. Took a trip by the local cathouse and found these 2 gems sitting there. And whats a trip to the cathouse without a trip to the deere house as well. Found a 992 and a long reach 450 sitting there. And even a trip to Wajax for orange iron and here sat this unsightly beast.
the 345 looks way nice,sorry i know your not a cat fan but i like it.
Ok... work pics now. We're hauling Muskeg off a new industrial park and its all sorts of fun :Banghead Here is our site the first week of january, thats the dump site obviously. It was around -40 that week so lots of steam kickin around. Makes seeing in the dumpsite kind of hard. Especially when your dodging rock trucks with a D6N.
Some of our equipment. The 6N we're renting, the 8R, our spare 6H that runs 24/7 just waiting to move. The little 240 I was running and an interior shot from the D8. Looks warm out doesn't it?
cool pic's burn out the steam looks neat,I've never seen a side dump like that when did they start building those?
That side dump is a custom feature. It can be equipped on your truck for the low price of only 19.95 plus shipping and handling. Actually its a bad driver who can't quite get his head wrapped around the concept of shiny side up. Maybe he was lookin for an easier way to grease the suspension, either way he didn't get it. That was his first roll over, the 3rd one was his last. Unless their rollin trucks down in the un employment office. Ok... now the 450's. First up the new 450D, a decent hoe but definately aging quickly at this point due to a cough bad operator cough.... I think im catching a cold. Second up MY 450 because the other 450 Hitachi went down. I was in the shop yesterday it has a blown pump, cracked boom, undercarriage thats junk and a bucket thats torn open. Take a good look at this blurry photo. This was night 1 that she was on site. And probably the last pic you'll see of my hoe in decent shape. And up next my grader that I have been playing in. This is the famous ice box grader thats finally getting heat. And the D6R widepad we're renting. Not a bad dozer, tons of power but the quick connects for the tilt cylinders keep blowing so you lose tilt unless you want to get out and reconnect them. And about this job... because of the high repair bills due to all the equipment falling apart. The chances of me getting that new 450 or 650 this year are pretty much completely gone. And the chances of me getting my 450 back are pretty well gone too. So it looks like I'm either gonna get one of water/sewer's 450D's or see if we can get our hands on the 600C LC.
keep them coming haha
Great pics as always burnout, you trying to get back your photo posting title all in one night??:notworthy LOL. Hope you get back in a hoe soon enough, and that those pesky counterweight cutting edges aren't too worn down. :drinkup
Do you like it over there, better than Sureway?? Awesome Pics
Well when I am in my hoe.... yes I do. But lately has been another story. On the note of Sureway though. The water/sewer division has been having some problems finding work. The only other company in Edmonton that does more work than they do is a company called IGL Canada. I was told they have 17 crews doing work and somewhere around 200pcs of equipment. They don't have the big equipment Sureway does but they have good sized stuff. So why bother competing with your competition? So as of about a week ago Sureway Construction Management now owns IGL Canada. So Sureway has added 200+pcs to its fleet for this year, and has around 30 water/sewer crews. I was touring around their new equipment storage yard the other day and most of the new equipment is already there but there is security around that place and I can't get in.
That track loader was at the last Toronto RB auction, and that 450 long reach was at Ontrac London ontario a few months ago. And who ever is abusing that 450dlc should get demoted to packer operator!
That 973 is owned by L82 in London. They have had it for a couple years, it was in Toromont for a undercarriage. The 450's have been at Ontrac for awhile I have heard, the 992 was there as well. I'm from the London area originally, just moved to Alberta 2 years ago. The guy running that 450 thinks he is king of the world. Now I am gunning for the 600C LC we have. She seems like a decent unit, a bit rough around the edges but nothin a good sunday with me and a case of spray paint couldn't take care of. Anything good comin up at the March RB auction?
I know the RB auction in Orlando (Feb 16-Feb 21) is a 6 day event with loads of iron from the local Cat dealers...
burnout- Oh i thought you took those pics out west. Which Tormont are those pics from? The concorde location? Did you see the 336dl? 9420- Im going to be there , will you? Loads of equipment and a bad recession? = cheap iron.
No I won't be at RB in march. I'll be out here but we have one here in edmonton on the 17th of march. Those pics came from London Toromont, but there was also a 336DL there beside that 345. I have a pic of it too. I always got a kick out of the TO RB auction, I never seemed to find nice equipment there like I find out here. Everything was always beat on pretty hard. Toronto has some brutal equipment.... but I would have to say Vegas last march had some really beat up crap... eh Pullpan?
Ok... found a few more pics. These are from before xmas. It is Sureway's winter storage yard. Almost everything they own is sitting here at this point. Over 150 scrapers, 30 farm tractors, 50 ADT's, 60 or so Excavators, 60 Dozers... and a fence between us.
Thats a lot of iron... guess you couldn't talk them into lettin you.... for old timers sake? ointhead:drinkup
that is amazing...it looks like an RB auction in their lot!
Good God thats alot of Iron
damn!
You can't even begin to imagine the iron sitting there. The layout is pretty good. 1st row Packers and Tractors 2nd row Rock Trucks 3rd row 627's from unit 700-750 and 800-818 4th row 657's from unit 750-800 and 850-8?? 5th row Tractor Backhoes and Support Excavators 6th row Mainline Excavators... 385's, 375's, EX1100, 800's, 750's and 3 PC1250's 7th row Track Loaders 20 973's, 18 963's, 6 977L's 8th row Bulldozers from a D4H to what looks like a D11N 9th row Wheel Loaders 10th row Implements 11th row Road Graders And what I wasn't able to show was the repair shed they have there. It's surrounded by 4 385's, 7D8's, about 20 657's, some 627's and most of the newly acquired iron.
That your old link belt I see sitting there burnout? btw....nice pics, keep em coming!
Yep thats the little girls excavator. I had a conversation with the powers that be this morning. I am allowed access to the yard now to take pictures. Unfortunately I had to agree to not posting them on the internet, or sharing them with other people.
Darn:Banghead
i wont tell anyone if i see them on the internet:naughty
wow sureway has a big yard. about twice as big as the company I use to work for.
Dang, looks like my cat's repo yard Ain't making no money sitting there.
Most of the company is shut down for the winter. There is some small equipment out doin little cleanup jobs and the like but nothing big. Kinda hard for scraper work. I also grabbed some pics at the local Edmonton Cat House. Found a nice brand new 6T sitting there, a 16M, a 345C in for repairs. And a local stop by the gravel pit of Sureways.... a couple sexy lookin D10's. And last of the cat house... Sureway is havin another slow year so far. So there isn't too much for brand new sitting there... well except for some 385's, couple 973's, some 740 Ejectors, 980, a 16M and it looks like a couple 6's.
very nice! our local cat house isnt as nice, we got the old worn out burlap sacks.
Sweet!!!